Advanced Math/Automobile Headlights Automation.

Question
Dear Prof Scott

Is it possible to automate automobile Headlights operations I.e Switched on in darkness and switched off in broad daylight?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
That is probably possible right now, but they also need to be dimmed at night when there is an oncoming car.  Perhaps it would be possible to have them dimmed if a light was up ahead as well.  If the other vehicle didn't have its lights on, this would be good as well, for it would remind them to do so.  Of course, perhaps this sensor would also dim the lights for a neighbors front porch being too close to the road if their front porch lights were on.  It might be possible to avoid this by making sure it only looks for lights that are low and found on a car.  Now this might not work if a truck were coming that had high headlights, so maybe it should only check in front.  Of course, that would mean it would turn them on before the other car was completely by, so perhaps we need a distance measure.  This is getting to fancy to make, for it would cost way too much ...

Of course, every now and then perhaps even we see a car at night with its brights on and complain about the oncoming car without even realizing our lights aren't on.

Here is an example of where we shouldn't complain about anything but just thank God that we can make it through as He reveals to us what needs to be done.  When problems occur, I re-assess what I'm doing.  Our my lights on?  Am I making sure I'm in my lane?  Is there something on me that's dragging?  Is my car intact?  Am I dragging something behind me?

Yet in all this, just remember that Jesus is the true light and always bow down, give Him thanks, and move on forward.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson