Advanced Math/Indian railways to other countries.

Dear Prof Scott  

Can there be possible Rail travel routes by building Tunnels, Bridges etc from India to other asian countries ?.  

Can we extend Indian Railways travel connectivity to other Asia pacific region countries ?.   Examples : India - Japan, India - China, India - Australia, India - Philippines, India - Singapore, India - Thailand etc ?.   

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

If the money can be found, almost anything that sounds feasible can be done.

That is why the topic of digging tunnels comes up, but I believe at that length with the way technology is going, it would still be very dangerous.  Flying sounds a whole lot cheaper.

From what I know, up here in Seattle, they are trying to construct underground freeways.
It is rather expensive, but they are doing it anyway.  From the way they have always needed to repair the equipment building the tunnels, I don't even see this as a possibility over there where the tunnels would need to be even longer and deeper underground.

However, even though it looks challenging right now, perhaps new inventions will allow it one day.  After all, the east and west sections of the US didn't use to be connected by railroad and some people didn't think it would ever be possible.

Or what about this communication between us?  Back near the end of the last century, it would have taken several weeks or longer for the communication to happen between us, but that's what we're both using right now.  

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.