Advanced Math/Phone Call Voice Recognition Ability.

Question
Dear Prof Scott

Do the Phone call voice recognition ability varies from person to person ?.

The phone calls received by the person from the calling party has not met the caller face to face.

Example :

John and Dale are phone Caller parties and Peter is receiving phone calls.

1 The Caller party name is John for the first time. He calls up Peter and says "Hi, I am John, I would like to speak to Michael". Peter transfers the phone call to Michael.

2 The Caller party name is Dale for the first time. He calls up Peter and says "Hi, I am Dale, I would like to speak to Michael". Peter transfers the phone call to Michael.

Now after few days, John and Dale again make phone calls, but on phone they do the following conversation. The conversation is as follows.

1 The Caller party name is John. He calls up Peter and says "Hi, I would like to speak to Michael". Will Peter able to recognize the voice of John and without asking John transfers the Line to Michael saying that John is on Phone ?.

2 The Caller party name is Dale. He calls up Peter and says "Hi, I would like to speak to Michael". Will Peter able to recognize the voice of Dale and without asking John transfers the Line to Michael saying that Dale is on Phone ?.

Do the Phone call voice recognition ability will vary from person to person ?. i.e. Peter or somebody who is picking up phone calls. If yes, what are the reasons ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
It all depends upon whether or not the person answering the phone remembers hearing the old voice.
Very rarely it happens that someone heard sounds like someone else.

There are a few professional people that mimic other peoples voices.

There are also some people that learn to speak another language so clearly that they sound like they are from the same country or region where the other person lives.  Once they have done this, they then visit that region and sound like those around them.  Most of the people who do this are known as spies.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson