Advanced Math/Bus ticketing machine.

Dear Prof Scott

The Bus ticketing machine is used for issuing Bus tickets to passengers.

Do you feel that it can be useful to enhanced to have push buttons Triggered by Bus conductor to raise a Bell ring which will inform the driver to stop or start the Bus?.

I think that would be a great idea.  All that needs to be done is to put a toggle switch at the bus stop that a person who wishes to ride can push.  The driver of the bus would have a light that would alert him when there was a rider at the next stop.

Perhaps a series of lights, one for each stop on the route, would be even more useful.  There should also be a timer put in at the bus stop to alert the people who looked at how long until the next bus should arrive.

I'm sure with the way computers are going at the headquarters there could be a giant screen for each bus route.  It would have a light for all the buses on that route and a light for each station where passengers were waiting.  They could even have a tally to electronically count the number of passengers on board each bus.

There could also be a light sensor to detect when evening was falling.  Perhaps many buses always have their lights on, but this would turn the lights on as dusk was approaching.  There could also be a sensor for moisture on the window as whether or not to turn the wipers on.  There would still be manual switches for the lights and wipers, of course.

What about that?  Any more stuff to put sensors on?

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.