Advanced Math/Value of a number

Hello.  I recently ran info a formula that has numbers to less than
the power of a whole number.  I understand 10 to the third power and so fourth but these formulas haf powers of .01,  .02 and so forth.  How can you multiply a number .03 of itself.

Thank you so much.  Jim Lowry of DeLand Florida

Remember the law of exponents that says if the bases are the same add the exponents.  So for example 10^.03 x 10^.07 is 10^(.03+.07) = 10^.1 = the tenth root of 10 = 1.2589254188
Feel free to ask more questions if this is not clear.
Did this answer your question?  

Advanced Math

Sombra Shadow

I can answer most questions up through Calculus and some in Number Theory and Abstract Algebra.

I have had my Bachelor's Degree since 1987 and have been a teacher since 1988. I earned my Masters Degree in Mathematics May 2010. I have been teaching at the same community college since 2002.

I have taught 12 years at the community college level, medical college, and technical college as well as a high school instructor and alternative education instructor and charter school instructor.

Master's GPA 3.56 Bachelor's GPA 3.34 Post grad work not degree related GPA 4.0