Advanced Math/Electronic panel in Restaurants.

Dear Prof Scott

Do you feel it may be useful for customers to have a Electronic lcd or Led panel displaying today's menu and special dishes in vertical scrolling text?.

I know it is quite useful, for one of the restaurants I go to has an electronic display at each of the table.  When the customer decides what is wanted, they press a button to let the waitress know.  I'm sure it would be very easy to make it so the dish could be ordered by pressing the appropriate key.  All the waitress would have to do would be deliver the order.  What I also believe is this would be like a particular game show on TV where the contestants each had to guess letters.  When getting the right letter, the girl they had would go over and turn over the letter.  Once they computerized this, they figured they could do it by computer, but the people watching the show liked it better when they had a person come out and flip the letter.  When the station realized this, they brought her back in and had her go touch the squares that lit up.  Once they were touched, they would display that letter that was just guessed.

There are many things that can be computerized, but the customers don't find the enjoyment in having this done to everything.  So, yes, it can be done, but the ratings may drop ...  

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.