Advanced Math/help

Hello sir

Sir My question is

A) 5 raised to 3 divided by 5 raised to 6. In this we should apply the law a raied to divided by a raied to n = a raised to m-n.

Here in this situation how can we apply that law because here m is smaller than n then how can we subtract because we can only subtract bigger to sMALLER NOT SMALLER TO bigger.
Then how we can apply that law in the above given sum\r

Sir it is not an home work question it is my doubt please dont feel that it is homwe qork question. Sir nad please dont reply that it is out of my expertise.Sir please expalin please

Normally, you subtract the smaller exponent from the larger exponent:
 5/5⁶ = 1/5⁶⁻ = 1/5

Note that it is possible to subtract a larger exponent from a smaller exponent:
 5/5⁶ = 5⁻⁶ = 5⁻
The resulting exponent is negative, which you then convert to a positive exponent:
 5⁻ = 1/5

Advanced Math

Janet Yang

I can answer questions in Algebra, Basic Math, Calculus, Differential Equations, Geometry, Number Theory, and Word Problems. I would not feel comfortable answering questions in Probability and Statistics or Topology because I have not studied these in depth.

I tutor students (fifth through twelfth grades) and am a Top Contributor on Yahoo!Answers with over 24,000 math solutions.

Co-author of An Outline of Scientific Writing: For Researchers With English as a Foreign Language

I have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Berkeley.

George White Elementary School. Homework Help program at the Ridgewood Public Library, Ridgewood, NJ. Individual students.