Advertising/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Enhancing job prospects?10/28/2015Peter Gabany
  Q: I'm writing to see if you have any advice for someone in my situation: I have two BAs, one in ...
  A: Without knowing the content of your solicitation (cover letter, resume, etc) I really can't comment. ...
commission structure10/7/2015Peter Gabany
  Q: My name is Kimmie and I used to work for an advertising agency that billed clients based off ...
  A: Kimmie, This commission thing is DEAD (for the most part). I don't know where you are living so ...
Skill Set For Older Job Applicant6/29/2015Peter Gabany
  Q: Peter, I have worked in the printing and advertising industries for a over 25 years. As you can ...
  A: Anne, Answer 1. I believe now that you can list the Adobe Creative Suite because if you are ...
Advertising as a career after getting my degree in a different subject4/17/2015Peter Gabany
  Q: I am a 23 year old female, currently completing my Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Science ...
  A: Nidhi, An engineering degree would be a tremendous advantage to an agency. We all know advertising ...
Want to find job in ad agency abroad3/15/2014Peter Gabany
  Q: I'm from India. 28. Working in advertising as an art director since my graduation from an art ...
  A: I wish that I could help. You are asking what I know of work visas in other countries and frankly I ...
false advertising1/30/2014Peter Gabany
  Q: You may or not be able to answer this, but I've always wondered something. How are TV commercials ...
  A: Lee, You are right… to a point. It could be proven that pizza straight from the oven and place in a ...
Higher studies after BFA10/28/2013Peter Gabany
  Q: I'm from Mumbai, India. I've done my BFA course from Sir J. J. Institute of applied arts, Mumbai. ...
  A: We all walk many paths to seek what we truly want. It is tremendous that you have both the education ...
Career in Advertising5/6/2013Peter Gabany
  Q: I have completed my B.Com. I'm now doing my MBA. I also work for an advertising agency as a Sales ...
  A: The creative side of advertising is most challenging to penetrate, that said a strong and ...
Online ads4/12/2013Peter Gabany
  Q: Other than craiglist where can someone place a free business ad that people will see? I tend to ...
  A: As in most things advertising - one needs to know details. What are you offering? What is the action ...
Advertising to non-English speakers2/1/2013Peter Gabany
  Q: How would you go about advertising ESL classes in print and tv? The audience is a mix of many ...
  A: What a great creative campaign to work on. I'm not certain how best to instruct you on this so I ...
advertising11/5/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: I hve joined a reputed ad agency in mumbai as Management trainee[client servicing]..is it it ...
  A: Keep doing what you are doing. To get into an ad agency, any ad agency is difficult. Once you are in ...
Freelancing8/22/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: I'm an experienced journalist and web designer living in the US. I have a BA in English (with an ...
  A: Dave, Have at it. There are no procedures and certainly no specific websites that will feed you ...
Art Direction/Product design and development Schools7/30/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: ) I am 19 years old. I recently finished my first year of studying a bachelor in Design for Film TV ...
  A: Danielle, I'm sorry to respond so late. There are so very many schools to attend and it is ...
costing7/6/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: what is gross net commission?
  A: Kitso, Happy day in Botswana. “Gross net” is not a term that means anything to me. There is either ...
Producing for an ad agency5/9/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: I would like to produce for an ad agency. Is that ordinarily a freelance position at agencies? Any ...
  A: Sorry for being tardy with this reply - we're all busy. The answer is yes, but like all freelancers ...
What do you think about our job?4/6/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: The file size is not too high, I decrease the files size, the original file size was too high, it is ...
  A: I beg to differ. The download time on your link for the product is 1.1hrs. I know that I don't have ...
What do you think about our job?3/17/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: Hi I need your help, would you please help me? I want to do a business and I need to counsel with ...
  A: Shahram There are a number of solutions out there already in Europe and North America that are ...
Copyrights on specific ads2/22/2012Peter Gabany
  Q: Can you tell me anything about ads that have been copyrighted? Do these copyrights extend to use of ...
  A: Brad, I am not a lawyer and more specifically, I am not an advertising lawyer practicing where you ...
pdf11/1/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: I'd like to know how can I create a pdf file. Can I change a word document into a pdf one.
  A: We are on a Mac platform but assume that MS Word works similarly on Mac or PC. Simply select print ...
Portfolio Schools9/30/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: I am currently pursuing a degree in Advertising at The University of Tennessee-Knoxville. It is an ...
  A: 1./ It is great to have knowledge about the industry and understanding Graphic Design is certainly ...
advertising7/15/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: could kindly provide me with an adverting billing policy, terms and pricing structure account ...
  A: Please conduct a search on my posts as I have outlined a number of billing scenarios based on ...
Advertising Career/Profession6/30/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: Please correct me in my thought process about Advertising. 1. Advertising is an art and not a ...
  A: Please correct me in my thought process about Advertising. 1. Advertising is an art and not a ...
advertising5/24/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: iam a high school student and i want to work in the advertising company as art director or creative ...
  A: I wish I know where you were. I would firmly recommend that you take a course that motivates you the ...
animal lover market...5/20/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: So I want to help raise money for animal shelters and I was thinking of selling animal shaped ...
  A: For the lowest cost penetration to market soonest might I recommend Etsy.com. This is by far the ...
ads5/10/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: I hope you are fine. I want first of all to thank you for your such kind services. I am ...
  A: Is there any way that you can offer the people a free listing? Is there any way that you can send ...
Finding a job w/out design skills5/2/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: Gabany I have 3 questions. 1. It is possible to find a job as a creative without knowledge of ...
  A: 1./ Today it is almost mandatory that you have Mac Skills and solid knowledge of Adobe's Creative ...
Retainer Billing / Clients & Profits4/7/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: Hey Peter, I've read your answers on retainer billing for ad agencies and I am currently working at ...
  A: the best thing to do is call me to discuss but in short - don't increase the retainer but offer to ...
Retainer billing - Monies leftover at end of month3/7/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: I am just starting as a freelance marketing consultant. I read your answer on billing for services ...
  A: Absolutely! You have an obligation to do so. That is why the BCR is so important. A Budget Control ...
Advertising2/19/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: I want to pitch an ad idea to Apple. It's actually one campaign with three different styles. Is ...
  A: Sorry, no there is no way to deal with Apple or its Agency. Gone are the days of speculative ...
Advertising in schools2/19/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: Gabany, On behalf of our, LIFE SAVING INITIATIVE, we seek your counsel. We are trying to identify ...
  A: This could be handled by a company - the only one in North America that I am aware of - that ...
Advertising2/4/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: Gabany, I need your help and opinion on the Academy of Art University as an advertising school. ...
  A: Like so many questions from students and not knowing where they are from or what means they have at ...
SINGING IN JINGLES1/18/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: i live in kolkata, west bengal,india. i wanted 2 start singin in jingles. where sud i give my ...
  A: As I stated before, I would send to ad agencies, music production studios and radio stations. Also ...
advertising1/7/2011Peter Gabany
  Q: what could be the possible tools of advertising including in print, outdoor, electronic, static ...
  A: It would be helpful if I knew more of what you are trying to assess. Are you looking for hardware ...
Getting my first job12/26/2010Peter Gabany
  Q: Gabany and happy holidays. I am 24 years old from California, currently in college studying ...
  A: This occupation path is so very challenging and people are looking for at least a 3 year college ...
Signs and the words “For Sale” or “Sale”12/17/2010Peter Gabany
  Q: I am designing a sign to sell carnivorous plants that I plan to put on the road side to direct cars ...
  A: Well the glaring problem is the idea that one might buy a plant that is apt to die. Remove any ...
Online Portfolio12/17/2010Peter Gabany
  Q: Mr. Gabany, Hi, I am a student looking for internships and I currently have my portfolio uploaded ...
  A: Coroflot is good. Might I recommend that you subscribe (free) to Behance.net and Linked In. They are ...
Portfolio Layout12/7/2010Peter Gabany
  Q: Mr. Gabany, Hi, I was wondering what you thought a student should do with their portfolio book in ...
  A: There is no set standard. Unconventional but accessible is best. Be innovative. Stay away from ...
Follow-Up to previous Portfolio Question11/21/2010Peter Gabany
  Q: Mr. Gabany, Hi, the other day I asked a question pertaining to using online images. I asked a ...
  A: I am not a lawyer so not confident on usage issues. But I would imagine that if you are using images ...
Applying to portfolio school for copywriting11/19/2010Peter Gabany
  Q: I've decided to have a change in career and go into ad copy writing. I've decided that my best bet ...
  A: Cate, You want to be a copywriter and you need a portfolio. All I can say is write. So what to ...
Pictures in portfolio.11/18/2010Peter Gabany
  Q: I was wondering if it is ok to use google images in a students portfolio. Nothing that is ...
  A: Legally possibly as copyright always remains with the artist/author. But ethically for certain - I ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Advertising

Peter Gabany

Top Expert on this page