Advertising/Online ads

Other than craiglist where can someone place a free business ad that people will see? I tend to think that people feel that craiglist is a little tainted so I was wondering if there were any good alternatives, but along similar lines?

As in most things advertising - one needs to know details. What are you offering? What is the action that you want to derive (and please don't say sales. Do you wish to build awareness, call into a store, navigate to a website? What is the offer? AND if you expect conversion (payment, more traffic to your site, more seat sales, more items purchased, cross selling), is it not worth using a bit of conversion value to purchase advertising that works?

Please answer these questions with some detail and I will be happy to comment. And you are right - Craigslist is frequented by scammers. The ad could end up costing you money.

Peter Gabany

Strategic planning: Objective based communicaitons, ad creative graphic design, writing, photography - buying and making, illustration - buying, print, outdoor, event, media, media planning, broadcast, how to select an agency, what the client must provide, pitching a client / being pitched

Nearly 30 years in the business - 29 years operating an agency. Creative direction and agency management.

RGD Ontario - Possibly the best graphic design association anywhere. Leading the way in professional accreditation worldwide.

Ryerson University - Photographic Arts CAAP - ICA CPPP - ICA

Reggie Awards winner - Design Edge Canada SoGood Awards Winner - Social Good entries Design At Work Awards - many years.

Our clients are successful in the business of manufacturing, chemical, nuclear, logistics, shipping (ships, trucks, rail, air), medical services (hospitals, ambulance and medical transfer, travel health, medical centres), tourism (fishing, destination, culinary, arts, more), not-for-profit.