Advertising Online/interstiail ads

i would like to know do interstitial ads convert if they do which site converts easily for them am promoting online DVDs and require sign ups

Hi Shaggy,

Yes. Interstitial ads work.

They are highly visible. They get more interaction. They get considerably higher click-throughs.

That said, everything depends on the design of your interstitial, how related the audience is to your offer and ultimately, your offer.

My advise is:

- Cater your ads to the audience that frequents the site you're advertising on

- Don't skimp on design; use a quality designer with extensive experience in successful interstitial ad design (and listen to his / her suggestions)

- Use a clear call-to-action that'll be difficult for the average user to ignore

These are all strategies I use on the city of Doral business directory.

Good luck!

Advertising Online

Ivan Jimenez

I can answer questions regarding digital advertising operations as it relates to media planning and strategy, product development, campaign optimization, operations management, business development and site monetization.

I am an interdisciplinary Digital Ad Operations Administrator with over nine years of experience in digital operations and marketing. I offer hands-on implementation expertise in the areas of sales marketing, campaign management, agency relations, ad trafficking, web development, e-commerce, search marketing / optimization and interactive media strategy and promotion disciplines.

I admit, I'm not as active as I'd like to be but there are only so many hours in the day and they say I'm supposed to have a personal life as well :-/ That said, these are some of my professional affiliations: BizTechDay BizTechDay is a conference where inspiring entrepreneurs share practical business and technology strategies. Inbound Marketers Inbound Marketers is a community website for marketers. It is a place where marketers can learn, share knowledge and build relationships. Miami Ad School The Miami Ad School group is a networking group with current students, graduates, teachers, faculty and anyone interested in advertising. SCORE Association SCORE is a nonprofit association of more than 12,400 business experts. The SCORE LinkedIn group was created as a forum to share ideas, insights and items of interest related to small business and entrepreneurship. The Versailles Breakfast Club The group looks at all facets of the business development cycle to discuss how the latest marketing / advertising developments are either positively or negatively impacting their businesses. LED Digest The LED Digest is an email discussion list focused on Internet marketing. It's the #1 discussion list of leaders in the industry. Zeal (by LookSmart) Zeal was a human-powered search engine. As a contributing editor, I helped support the creation of a "human" search engine. All Experts (by Created in early 1998, it was the very first large-scale question and answer service on the net (powered by professional experts). Small Business Administration (Business Marketing and Planning; Hotlist Member) The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) dedicates its energy and resources to providing support to small businesses and small-business owners across the nation.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends how we want to look at it), online media is more dynamic, faster and much easier to share and disburse content which makes it extremely difficult to track. That said, my writing has appeared on countless properties across the web and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those transitioned over to print media.

As with almost everyone I've ever met, I studied one thing and ended up going in another direction. I studied Accounting / Finance and Business Administration at the ZICKLIN SCHOOL of BUSINESS at BARUCH COLLEGE in New York City. I also studied Spanish Policy, Past, Present and Future in Madrid [SPAIN] at the UNIVERSIDAD ANTONIO de NEBRIJA. Although I didn't think so at first, my background / knowledge in finance and economics coupled with my ability to adapt and thrive in a diverse environment played an integral part in helping me stand out from the crowd in the competitive interactive advertising industry.

I've written no books, entered any competitions or requested any invites to speak at industry events. Quite honestly, I like more personal and specific interactions (hence me offering advice and help through this venue). In my opinion, although we may share some similarities, our problems are usually unique to us. Yes, we both may have business concerns, but mine are not the same as yours (or his, or his, or hers) so how can our solution be?

Too many to list! I've had the pleasure of working on many high-level campaigns for prestigious clients across the globe. I've also worked and brainstormed with plenty of small business owners with BIG ideas... many of which were pure genius! Here's a list of some of the companies I've worked with: Adconion Media Group Air Europa American Airlines American Express American Heart Association Amtrak B3 Mexico Bahamas Tourism Board Bank of America Batanga Network BF Goodrich BIGresearch Blackberry Boost Mobile Bulgari Corporation of America California Lottery Casio Chevy Comcast Christian Dior Colgate Palmolive Continental Airlines Converse Dell, Inc. DHL DISH LATINO Disney Ecko, S.A. Estee Lauder Farmers Insurance Ford Motor Company Fox News Guess HBO HP IBM Infiniti Kimberly-Clark KMART Kodak Kolestone Lean Cuisine Lexus LG Electronics Liberty Mutual Group Linksys Live Nation, Inc. Macy's Maya Entertainment McDonalds MetroPCS Microsoft Nintendo Nissan Ohio Tourism Board Pantelion Films Peugeot Pfizer Pioneer PRESTONE Procter and Gamble Publix Supermarkets Red McCombs Media Royal Caribbean S.C. Johnson - Ziploc Samsung Electronics San Diego Zoo SDG&E:CA Awereness/CARE/Energy Team Skype Small Business Administration (SBA) Sprint St. Jude Children Hospital Symantec T-Mobile Technomarine Toyota Unilever US Army Verizon Victoria's Secret Wal-Mart Walgreens Wells Fargo Western Union WWF