Aerobics/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Music for Seniors3/21/2017Ken Alan
  Q: I am looking for big band/swing, broadway, jazz etc for a population of seniors in the mid 70-90 ...
  A: Check out MuscleMixes, Power Music, Yes Music, and Dynamix music. They should have some pre-made ...
spinning in the 90% mhr range3/14/2017Ken Alan
  Q: I'm 54 y/o, 5'10", 170 lb, in excellent shape, I've been working out since I was 16. Currently I ...
  A: If you're able to sustain your workouts at that high percentage of your predicted max heart rate, ...
indoor cycling heart rate3/14/2017Brandon Briggs, MS
  A: A lot of things could be going on here. It could simply be a miscommunication in the HR strap. ...
Heart rate3/14/2017Kim Farmer
  A: your HRR (heart rate range) should be between 83-140 beats per minute with the max being about 165 ...
mini trampoline9/4/2016Ken Alan
  Q: Ken What do you think of using one of these for conditioning? I have to avoid stress on my knees, so ...
  A: You're not doing anything wrong necessarily. If it doesn't feel like much of a workout for you, it ...
mini trampoline9/4/2016Kristina Shane
  Q: What do you think of using one of these for conditioning? I have to avoid stress on my knees, so I ...
  A: Yes there are workouts you can do with the mini trampoline. Did yours come with a video or any ...
mini trampoline9/4/2016Kim Farmer
  Q: Kim What do you think of using one of these for conditioning? I have to avoid stress on my knees, so ...
  A: I also have a mini-trampoline which does alleviate some of the knee joint impact and mine came with ...
belly fat7/22/2016Ken Alan
  Q: I am male 39 years old, height is 178 cm. Before two months I began a food diet + light cardio and ...
  A: Good questions. Unfortunately, no "easy" answers. The belly fat is still there because of your ...
Aerobic Intensity7/2/2016Ken Alan
  Q: I have a follow up question. At the moment my main concern is aerobic maintenance.The 3 days that I ...
  A: It can by confusing when organizations aren't always in sync or agreement as to definitions and ...
Aerobic Maintenance6/30/2016Ken Alan
  Q: I an 79 Years old , exercise 3-5 days a week, have a resting HR of 56 abd take a blood pressure ...
  A: Tom, Good question. The answer is...maybe. You'll have to try the two programs you described to ...
belly fat6/30/2016Kim Farmer
  Q: I am male 39 years old, my height is 178 cm, and weight at this moment is about 79.5 kg. before two ...
  A: Congratulations on being aware of your food intake and making tough choices. It sounds like you are ...
Aerobics Step4/15/2016Kim Farmer
  Q: Kim I am no longer able to run for any distance because of my knees that are both arthritic, and the ...
  A: I'm glad to hear that you are working out consistently! A step could actually be pretty hard on the ...
Is burpee bad for knees3/27/2016Ken Alan
  Q: Due to knee problem from jogging/running I'll like to ask is doing burpee (without jumping up in the ...
  A: Good question! It's hard to determine if burpees or bad for your knees...for a few reasons. I don't ...
Rebounder2/15/2016Ken Alan
  Q: Ken A few years ago I developed knee problems and had to stop running. I switched to a stationary ...
  A: You won't know until you try it. Start off easy. You need to see how your knee responds to it. ...
A very old presentation1/26/2016Ken Alan
  Q: Years ago senior workout was presented at can fit pro. Not sure if you were the presenter. I later ...
  A: I do have an outline I can send you. Please contact me at: kenalanfitness@aol.com, then I can send ...
music10/2/2015Ken Alan
  Q: Years ago, I bought some cds from you at a exercise convention. One of them was Blast from the Past. ...
  A: Those CD's are available. "Blast to the Past" and "Showtime Express" are $21.95 each. ...
personal training certification5/2/2015Ken Alan
  Q: if i got NASM certification in personal training and a lot of experience, would i be able to start ...
  A: I responded to your inquiry within 48 hours after receiving it. Apparently it did not go through ...
Gaining weight despite exercise3/31/2015Kristina Shane
  Q: I am 29 years old, female with no children, and very obese. I used to work third shift and ate only ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. There are a few things I would suggest. First, I ...
fitness trackers1/24/2015Ken Alan
  Q: I hope you will be able to help me here. I would like to buy a fitness tracker for a friend of mine ...
  A: There has been such a proliferation of fitness/activity trackers recently, that I am not up-to-snuff ...
Anaerobics1/8/2015Che Krause
  Q: Do you know of a 5 minute or so anaerobic routine that is easy on the back and knees. Any tips will ...
  A: I should start out by saying that if you were a client of mine with any sort of knee or back issues, ...
physiological memory?11/22/2014Brandon Briggs, MS
  Q: At 63 yrs old I have been walking 45 minutes, 4-5 times a week or so for ten years, just for the ...
  A: Everyone is a little differnt when it comes to time away from exercising and losses. When you stop a ...
exercise8/30/2014Brandon Briggs, MS
  Q: what are the benefits of aerobics and is it for everyone,thanks
  A: Aerobic exercise is a broad term. It can mean anything from group exercise classes such as step ...
Up versus down stairs8/4/2014Brandon Briggs, MS
  Q: I work on the fourth floor of my office building,and always take the stairs up to work,and the ...
  A: Walking up the stairs does take more effort than walking down, however walking down vs taking an ...
Heart Rate Recovery7/23/2014Brandon Briggs, MS
  Q: I am a 40 y/o male, and I exercise very regularly. My question today is about heart rate recovery. ...
  A: There are a lot of possible reasons why your recovery would be different for the 2 exercise ...
Aerobic Effect5/5/2014Brandon Briggs, MS
  Q: I am 76 going on 77 years old. I want start dividing my cardio workouts. It could be 3 10 minute, 2 ...
  A: Even when shortening your cardio into smaller bouts you should continue to aim for 60-70% of your ...
toned body shape5/4/2014Che Krause
  Q: I am 29 yrs old male and want to have a toned shape-in body type.currently I have a posture with ...
  A: Chandan, You have definitely started in the right direction as high impact exercises such as Burpees ...
modified HIIT?4/13/2014Che Krause
  Q: Che I am hearing a lot about HIIT or interval training to lose weight. I tried it a few times and I ...
  A: It has been my experience with HITT and weight loss that the high-intensity intervals do not have to ...
Loose Weight4/5/2014Kim Farmer
  Q: Q1) Hey, I'm 117 Ibs, 4"11 and want to loose 17 Ibs in 2 months I will eat less than 400 calories ...
  A: And yes, you can lose 17 lbs in 2 months, but you don't have to eat 400 calories to do that. That ...
weight-loss equipment2/5/2014Kim Farmer
  Q: so far I'm on the right road to losing weight, and by doing so I have been lifting weights, eating ...
  A: All 3 are great options, but both the treadmill and elliptical are weight bearing which means that ...
Heart beat (pulse) question1/31/2014Brandon Briggs, MS
  Q: Good Day! I enrolled in a gym the first week of January. The first two weeks; I went once a week, ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in my response. Heart Rate can be a tricky thing. As your fitness level ...
Abs , back and legs strengthening12/24/2013Kim Farmer
  Q: I am 62 years old, have been diagnosed an herniated disc ( L5 ,S1) 2 years ago, surgery was not ...
  A: I think its great that you are getting acupuncture, I hope that it is helping a little. For now I ...
How to get six pack12/5/2013Ken Alan
  Q: I'll like to know how can I get a flat stomach and six pack. I run 2x a week around 30-40 mins and ...
  A: A simple question with a simple, though not easy to implement, answer. Getting a six-pack is a ...
How to get six pack12/5/2013Brandon Briggs, MS
  A: Eddie, To have definition in your abs you will need to reduce body fat along with building muscle. ...
Approptiate workout9/15/2013Ken Alan
  Q: Ken I am 55. My knees are functional, but cannot take any type of impact, even walking or using an ...
  A: I'm surprised that an elliptical trainer is bothersome for you. It's one of the best non-impact ...
aerobic activity9/8/2013Ken Alan
  Q: How many times per week and how many minutes per workout do experts recommend that you perform some ...
  A: Recommendations are as follows: high-intensity aerobic activity 3x weekly, about 20 mins minimum or ...
Exercise6/26/2013Joanne Williams
  Q: I'm 26 F. Weight 150 lb, height 5'5". I'm on a diet from a dietitian 1200-1300 calories a day. So ...
  A: Arm exercises include: Bicep curl, tricep overhead extension,shoulder shrugs. Chest exercises ...
Heart Rate Monitor5/17/2013Kim Farmer
  Q: I was wondering if you could recommend a heart rate monitor for running? At the gym I have seen ...
  A: some good, some not so good. It sounds like you want to gauge your fitness level by monitoring your ...
running hurts thyroid?5/16/2013Kristina Shane
  Q: Just want to know your opinion.. I've always run, but lately my symptoms of hypothyroid have become ...
  A: I don't want to contradict your nutritionist but a nutritionist should not be giving such medical ...
Difference between jogging & walking on incline.5/15/2013Kristina Shane
  Q: If I jog 6 miles in 56 minutes my heart rate is 72-85 beats per minute during exercise and the ...
  A: I am really not that familiar with aerobic points but from what I've read it appears to be a formula ...
Tired after workouts, and all the time4/8/2013Ken Alan
  Q: I hope you can help me. For the past few months, I've been spending 40 minutes each day on an ...
  A: Glad you're motivated to get exercising. Without knowing your prior exercise history and other ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Aerobics

Ken Alan

Top Expert on this page