Aerobics/Swimming Lessons.

Dear Kristina

Which would be the perfect time for my child to learn Swimming ?

My Baby Son is 2 years, 6 months old.

I will enroll him to the nearest Swimming Club as per your guidance.

Generally, what would be the ideal time to learn Swimming ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I feel the earlier the better in regards to swimming.  They can start out as babies and learn instinctual movements to help prevent them from drowning.  Of course I would only recommend doing this with trained and certified professionals.  I think your son is fine to start learning to swim at 2 and there is no downside to starting them early.
Good luck!

Kristina Shane

Many women struggle with losing weight and I was once one of those women. Now I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and I've spent many years researching the best way for women to get healthy, lose weight and maintain it. I hold a BS in Sports Management and Iím currently working on my MS in Health and Physical Education. I can answer any questions on women's fitness.

Having struggled with weight all my life as well as many health problems such as Lupus and Crohnís disease Iíve researched all my adult life on how to lose weight and keep it off and how to stay healthy when you are sick. I have my own personal training company, KrisCross Training, and Iíve been helping men, women and children get healthy and stay healthy for years. Check out my website,, or my blog

IDEA Health and Fitness Association Sharecare Elite Trainer AllExperts Expert in Strength Training, Womenís Fitness, Aerobics and Living with Obesity

BS in Sports Management-Fitness and Nutrition Track-California University of PA Certified Health and Physical Education Teacher