Aerobics/Loose Weight

Question
Q1) Hey, I'm 117 Ibs, 4"11 and want to loose 17 Ibs in 2 months I will eat less than 400 calories and do cardio workouts for 20 minutes.  Do you think I will loose 17 pounds or more by doing this?

Q2) Also since a special event is coming in 4 weeks, I will also eat 400 calories and do 2o minutes of cardio workout  and take a rest every Friday.  I'm currently 117 4"11 how much do you think I will lose? Please help!

( Want to fit in my dress and not be disgusted by my weight, also summer is coming!! )

Answer
Hi Em I'm glad to hear that you are serious about your weight loss goals!  And yes, you can lose 17 lbs in 2 months, but you don't have to eat 400 calories to do that.  That is considered the appropriate amount of calories for only one meal perhaps and you need more than that or you will have low energy levels and your body will start to hold on to every thing you eat.  I don't know your age, but based on your weight and height, your metabolic rate is probably somewhere around 1300 or so.  So if you eat 1200 calories per day and exercise for 1/2 hour per day and burn 300-400 calories, then you will have a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day.  It takes 3500 calories to lose one pound so in 7 days you would have a caloric deficit of 3500 calories.  You would lose one pound every 7 days or so.  So in 4 weeks  you would lose about 4 pounds.  Of course you could lose more weight if you exercise more and eat less, but I think 400 calories is not enough, you definitely need to eat more.  If you are eating the right foods (fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains) then you won't be taking in a ton of calories and you will still feel full.

Sorry for the super long answer, but I wanted you to have good information and be safe about it.  You should eat more than 400 calories and exercise more than 20 minutes if you can.

Hope that helps thanks for the question.  

Aerobics

Kim Farmer