Aerobics/personal training certification

if i got NASM certification in personal training and a lot of experience, would i be able to start my own personal training business?  if not, what would i have to do, because im going to school for computer science, but i want to start my own business to help pay for college.

I responded to your inquiry  within 48 hours after receiving it.  Apparently it did not go through to you.  I apologize for that.  In brief, here's a recap:
Yes you can. start your own business.  The question is, are you ready and able to start your own business.  And also, what kind of personal training business?  A studio where clients come top you?  Do you go to them?  Do you work at an established gym to get going in personal training? There's a lot of possibilities, and you need to decide what specifically are you interested in doing.

First thing you should consider is joining a professional fitness organization like  IDEA. Go to for information. They have an upcoming convention in July in Los Angeles on all things Personal Training.  If you're serious about working in personal training, you should get to it.

Hope this helps, and I'm glad you're interested in personal training!

Ken Alan

To build a strong body, build a strong body of knowledge. Exercise workouts, training programs, classes, program design, workout music, motivation. Cardio, strength, flexibility.

Experience, the first fitness music company. Program design/choreography, 7 Richard Simmons videos. Co-star, 4 Time-Life Medical exercise videos. Chapter author: "Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults" (Human Kinetics), "Fitness Theory and Practice" (AFAA), "Fitness for Travelers" (ACE). Lecturer, California State University, Fullerton California, Department of Kinesiology.

Men's Fitness, Men's Health, Men's Journal, Shape, Weight Watchers, O, Self...

Certifications: ACE, ACSM, AFAA.

IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year

Previous clients... Jodi Foster, Priscilla Presley, Barbra Streisand, Sylvester Stallone...