Aerobics/belly fat

Question
Dear Expert,

I am male 39 years old, my height is 178 cm, and weight at this moment is about 79.5 kg. before two months i have 82.5 kg

Before two months I began a food diet + cardio and aerobic exercises to remove the belly fat around the stomach.

I reduced the carbohydrate intake to the minimum, I eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, also I have the habit to drink a lot of water for a long of years ago, I do not smoke, I exercise about 3 times a week, cardio (bicycle + stairs) and aerobic, I do not eat after 8:00 PM, I eat a fiber rich foods, BUT!!!

I do not recognize the stomach is shrinking too much.
My question is:  what the reason behind that is ?

BW

Mufid

Answer
Hi Mufid thanks for the question.  Congratulations on being aware of your food intake and making tough choices.  It sounds like you are on the right track with your exercise program as well.  I don't know how long you are exercising for (duration) but I wonder if you are getting at least 150 min of cardio/week?  That is the guideline for most people.  Also I wonder if you are incorporating weight training?  Not just for the abdomen but for most major muscle groups?  This will help you to see some of the definition you may be looking for, and boost your metabolism so that you are able to burn more calories.  Also, try increasing the intensity  on the bike if you can and you should start seeing some results.  Unfortunately these suggestions are not going to be easy but they are necessary.

I hope this helps and thanks for the question!

Kim Farmer
Mile High Fitness & Wellness
ACE-Certified Personal Trainer
Clinical Exercise Specialist
www.MileHighFitness.com
www.MileHighFitness.com/PersonalTraining

Aerobics

Kim Farmer