Aerobics/belly fat

Question
Dear Expert,

I am male 39 years old, height is 178 cm.

Before two months I began a food diet + light cardio and aerobic exercises to remove the belly fat around the stomach, I had 82,5 KG, now I have 77,5 KG. I lose 5 KG.

My complete body (except stomach) is shrinking, but in the area of stomach the belly fat is still there, I do not recognize that fats in this area are reduced at all. And to be more detailed, my body is not fatty, I have I good muscle mass. Of course except stomach area.

My questions are:

-   Why the fats in the stomach area are is still there?
-   Do I lose my precious muscle mass, instead of belly fat?
-   How to get rid of the belly fat correctly?

I hope that I clearly described to you my situation and Thank you because you share your knowledge with me

BW

Mufid

Answer
Ken Alan
Ken Alan  

Good questions.  Unfortunately, no "easy" answers.  The belly fat is still there because of your genetic make-up.  You will lose it eventually if you stick with a training plan/program. Apparently for you, it's not noticeable initially.  We all put on fat and lose it differently.  There is nothing you can do that will make the belly fat go away selectively.  You can't spot reduce.  

Keep up an effective strength training program to maintain/increase your muscle mass.  Watch what you eat. Keep exercising regularly. Be patient.  Think 6 months from now, 1 year from now - if you stay consistent, you'll see changes.  I know that's hard. You want it gone in a month!  Small changes add up over time.  There is no correct way to get rid of belly fat.  It's a question of what is the correct way to reduce fat.  Doesn't matter where on the body it is.  Consume less calories than you're currently consuming.  Do cardio exercise to help burn calories.  Do strength exercise to maintain/build muscle.

Glad you're motivated to do something.  Hope this helps.  It took me years to look like this!

Aerobics

Ken Alan