Aeronautical Engineering/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Wallpaper fixing in commercial aircrafts.2/5/2017Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do you recommend to fix nice wallpaper inside commercial aircraft? Thanks Prashant
  A: I lack full knowledge of aircraft interiors to be able to completely answer your question, but I ...
Seats location in Commercial airlines.1/31/2017Paul Soderman
  Q: What is the reason that we see Passengers seats location in unidirectional and not bidirectional in ...
  A: Not sure, but I assume you can get more passengers in a space sitting unidirectional because you put ...
Fish tanks in Commercial Airlines.1/27/2017Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Is it feasible to install and maintain Fish tanks in Commercial Airlines as part of interior ...
  A: It might be possible, for example fish tanks can be made with sealed tops and decorations glued so ...
VAWT induction factor12/28/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: It seems as though every time I ask anybody about this, I get a response saying they don't answer ...
  A: William - I would have to see your analysis to know what you are doing. I believe that can be ...
Perpetual Motion Machines11/17/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: I came up with an invention which called the Self-Powered System Electricity Producer. My invention ...
  A: No, you do not have a perpetual motion machine because it requires a battery for power that gets ...
design a wing with minimum drag coefficient10/31/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Good Afternoon Sir, I wish to know the procedure and calculations involving in designing of a wing ...
  A: All aerodynamics are now done with computer simulators. Once the design is narrowed, wind tunnel ...
Heat loss of an axial compressor10/26/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: For insulated compressors that are used in gas turbine power plants, is the insulation sufficient ...
  A: It is difficult to generalize about the insulation quality of compressors because each design is ...
International airport design.8/15/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: I would like to know the factors / parameters regarding the number of terminals required in a ...
  A: In the USA, the FAA and Customs keeps tract of the number of flights and their origin and ...
aircraft engineer to aeronautical engineer8/7/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Sir, I'm just wondering: is it possible for a license aircraft maintenance engineer to pursue ...
  A: Yes, further study is usually very desirable. Often once a maintenance engineer finds an interesting ...
Helicopter Headlights.7/28/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do Helicopter have Headlights? Front, Back,Top,Bottom? If yes, where are they fixed? Thanks & ...
  A: Helicopters do not ordinarily have landing lights like fixed wing aircraft. Fixed wing aircraft ...
Plane Jump Scenario6/16/2016Mark Janus
  Q: What would happen if a Plane was Free Falling to an Ocean, and as soon as the plane was about to hit ...
  A: Both the plane and YOU are falling at the same speed thus you'd hit the water at the same speed as ...
Commercial aircraft minimum number of passengers business rule.5/17/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Are there Business rules for Commercial aircrafts takeoffs are only possible if minimum number of ...
  A: There are no requirements for the number of passengers on board for any flight - business, ...
Perfessional Interview5/16/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: Soderman, I am an 11th grader interested in aerospace engineering and would like to ask you some ...
  A: 1. psoderman@gmail.com 2. aeronautical engineering 3. Aerospace Engineer Group Leader 4. Direct the ...
Aeroplane Tiles Design.5/8/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do you recommend Ceramic tiles installation within commercial aircrafts?. Thanks Prashant
  A: I have never seen ceramic tiles used in airplanes and I would not expect to ever see them used. ...
T-Tail Fairing5/7/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: I'm designing a hydrofoil sailboat and I'm curious as to if the interference drag would be high ...
  A: Interference drag of intersecting struts can be substantial, and does not disappear with increased ...
School Project Interview5/1/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Greetings, Mr. Zumwalt, I'm currently working on a school project that involves interviewing a ...
  A: 1) What is your current job title? Feel free to describe your particular job/duties in a usual day ...
Aeroplane cargo location.4/29/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: Is it possible to design the cargo location of the airplane at the top and enclosed as the normal ...
  A: Not sure I understand your question. But in general you can design the cargo hold to be anywhere on ...
Airplane cargo design.4/29/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Is it possible to design cargo location of the airplane which is on the top and enclosed as the ...
  A: Yes you could. The Boeing flying wing would need to use a similar concept. see ...
International commercial Airlines supporting Pets Travel.4/28/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: Do International commercial Airlines allow Pets Travel with the owner in the Airplane?. Thanks ...
  A: Most airlines allow shipment of small animals in the cargo area if a certified animal crate is used. ...
International commercial Airlines supporting Pets Travel.4/28/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do International commercial Airlines allow Pets Travel with their owners in the Airplane?. Thanks ...
  A: Many countries have strict regulations regarding international pet travel. The airlines suggest that ...
Food Storage and Processing Equipments in Aeroplanes.4/4/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do Microwave oven and Refrigeration Systems can be deployed in Commercial aircraft Pantry ?. ...
  A: Yes, commercial aircraft where the first use of microwave ovens in the 1970's even before they where ...
Portable Vacuum cleaner for Aeroplanes.3/30/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do you feel Portable vacuum cleaner product can be useful for Aeroplanes cleaning maintenance ...
  A: Most aircraft flown on a regular basis are vacuumed and cleaned once a day. In the USA, the FAA ...
passenger aircraft safety3/17/2016Paul Soderman
  Q: It seems to me that all focus on passenger planes seems to be on fuel efficiency, yet it seems that ...
  A: Over the years many improvements have been made in making passenger compartments less flammable and ...
CCTV monitoring System for Cable Cars - Aerial Tramway.3/10/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Is it feasible to install CCTV cameras in Cable Cars and then Centrally monitored by CCTV monitors?. ...
  A: The problem with remote CCTV is that wireless video is very degraded. Large metropolitan areas ...
Aerospace Engineer Questions2/18/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Question for a Aerospace Engineer. For a class to find a career. What is your average day like? ...
  A: 1. What is your average day like? There are no average days... I may be assigned to a small project ...
Your job2/17/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Could you please answer these questions? I need them for an assignment in one of my classes. Thanks! ...
Job2/17/2016Mark Janus
  Q: Could you please answer these questions for me? I need them for my 7th grade TAG class. Thanks! ...
  A: What is a normal day on the job like? busy teaching classes, grading work, and organizing research ...
Wireless Intercom service in Commercial Aircrafts.2/14/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do you recommend to install Wireless EPABX Systems within commercial aircrafts?. Thanks Prashant
  A: EPABX or more commonly known as PBX in North America was used on commercial aircraft from about 1990 ...
Jet engine2/12/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: How does a jet engine work ?I've seen many videos and all say that the fan sucks in air and then the ...
  A: I can understand your confusion. I once pondered the same question :) Perhaps the easiest way to ...
Pilot Flying Licence.1/14/2016Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do Pilot flying licence has a expiry period and has to be renewed after certain term period?. ...
  A: This may sound a little strange, but the "license" never expires - it is good for a lifetime. ...
Helicopter Rotor Blades.12/7/2015Mark Janus
  Q: Can there be more than one pair of rotor blades in a Helicopter ?. If yes, what are the advantages ...
  A: Certainly there can be more than one set of rotor blades ... coaxial counterrotating blades are ...
Helicopter Rotor Blades.12/7/2015Paul Soderman
  Q: Can there be more than one pair of Rotor blades in a Helicopter?. If yes, What are the advantages ...
  A: Do you mean a rotor with a pair of blades or a helicopter with a pair of rotors? Many helicopters ...
Helicopter Rotor Blades.12/7/2015Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Can there be more than one pair of symmetrical rotor blades in a Helicopter?. i. e. Two, Three, ...
  A: Helicopters have been built with from 1 (w/counter balance) to 10 or more blades. Any number of ...
PID Temperature controller applications in Aeroplanes.12/4/2015Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Can there be applications of PID temperature controller in Aeroplanes?. Thanks Prashant
  A: Yes, a modern turbo prop aircraft may use 50-100 PID, jet airliners will use several hundred. The ...
Thermoelectric balloon11/25/2015Mark Janus
  Q: I have had an idea relating to the production of water. It's a few expertise disciplines but I ...
  A: Sounds interesting... you probably need to run some feasibility numbers ... basic things like ...
Life of a commercial aircraft.11/23/2015Rajeevlochanam B A
  Q: What is the life of a commercial aircraft?. Thanks Prashant
  A: this is a general question, it depend on design, materials and technology. Hence, life of ...
Life of a commercial aircraft.11/23/2015Jan Zumwalt
  A: The question is unclear - I am going to assume you mean "What is the lifetime of a commercial ...
Storage facility in Commercial Airlines.11/16/2015Jan Zumwalt
  Q: Do you feel Electronic lock with password can enhance security in commercial airlines for luggage ...
  A: Electronic verification for access is the best solution I have seen. If a person is fired, changes ...
Project Lead The Way school report9/25/2015Paul Soderman
  Q: my name is Warren Snover and I'm currently in tenth grade. For my Project Lead The Way (engineering) ...
  A: I am now retired from NASA, but I will answer as if I were still on the job. 1. Aeronautical ...
Gas Turbine transmissions.9/25/2015Rajeevlochanam B A
  Q: I'll try to be brief. On a small centrifugal gas turbine how does the compressor spinning at ...
  A: I am not very clear on your query. But, I shall try to answer your question. There are Four types ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Aeronautical Engineering

Jan Zumwalt

Top Expert on this page