Aeronautical Engineering/Citizenship Aerospace Engineering

Question
I am trying to assist my bother-in-law in perusing his dream to work in the field of Aerospace engineering.  He is currently in completing his final semester at Florida Institute of Technology. He is from Ecuador and is currently here on a student visa.  He and my sister married in August and has applied for US citizenship.  He is in the top percentage of his class.  Obviously, we are well aware of the security clearance issues in the Aerospace field.  The lawyer he is working with said it will likely take 3 years for his citizenship to go through.  While he is waiting for that do you have any suggestions as to where he could work in this field without having citizenship? Are there any loopholes for individuals who have applied and waiting? Any advice would be profoundly appreciated.

Answer
Patricia - I don't have any specific job recommendations, but there are a number of aerospace jobs that don't require a security clearance or citizenship. Those jobs include the automotive industry, the wind turbine industry, certain software companies that sell fluid mechanic or aerodynamic solutions such as computational fluid mechanics, and perhaps others that I have forgotten. His professors would also know about these fields. I am unaware of the loopholes you mention.
Paul

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman