Aeronautical Engineering/interview questions
I'm doing a final project for my career and finance class at school. I have chose to study Aerospace engineering, and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your work.
1. Could you describe one of your typical workdays for me?
2. What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis?
3. What parts of your job do you find most challenging?
4. How many hours do you work in a typical week?
5. How would you describe the corporate culture?
6. What developments on the horizon could affect future opportunities?
7. What educational preparation would you recommend for someone who wants to advance in this field?
8. How do most people enter this profession?
9. Considering all the people you've met in your line of work, what personal attributes are essential for success?
10. Is this field growing enough so that there's room for new people?
1. monitor research projects, talk to students, teach class, grade work....
2. higher math, science, public speaking, writing...
5. fairly relaxed (I work in a university setting, not industry)
6. government cutbacks in DoD and research
7. math and science
8. through university programs such as where I work
9. time management, interpersonal skills, intelligence
10. certainly... space travel will broaden it even more...