Aeronautical Engineering/Wind Tunnel Design

Question
Dear Paul Soderman
I'm doing M.E in PSG Tech,India.My final year project is desin and fabrication of low speed subsonic windtunnel.Can you give guidelines for this,how to design and validate the design.Can you give your mail id,i'll send my progress of work upto now.

Answer
Arunprasath - Your first job is to decide what are the objectives of the work to be done in the wind tunnel. That will set the specifications for the design. But wind tunnel design is too complex for this forum. I suggest you get the book Low-Speed Wind Tunnel Testing by W. Rae and A. Pope. They cover all aspects of the process and give good summaries of existing facilities. Good luck.
Paul Soderman
psoderman@gmail.com

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman