Aeronautical Engineering/Wind Tunnel Design

Dear Paul Soderman
I'm doing M.E in PSG Tech,India.My final year project is desin and fabrication of low speed subsonic windtunnel.Can you give guidelines for this,how to design and validate the design.Can you give your mail id,i'll send my progress of work upto now.

Arunprasath - Your first job is to decide what are the objectives of the work to be done in the wind tunnel. That will set the specifications for the design. But wind tunnel design is too complex for this forum. I suggest you get the book Low-Speed Wind Tunnel Testing by W. Rae and A. Pope. They cover all aspects of the process and give good summaries of existing facilities. Good luck.
Paul Soderman

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman

Aeronautics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Aeroacoustics, Noise Control, Muffler Design, Wind Tunnel Research.... I know nothing about India - do not ask about schools, jobs, application requirements, career choices, etc. for India. Please, no text message verbiage; I prefer full words in full sentences. Thanks.

38 years as research engineer at NASA

B.S. and M.S. Aeronautical Engineering - U. of Washington, Graduate work Standford U.

AIAA Associate Fellow (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)