Aeronautical Engineering/Aircrafts

I am doing a research for school for my AS physics coursework on Aluminium in Aircrafts. Could you possibly answer 2 questions?
1) Why is Aluminium used in Aircrafts and not other metals?
2) Where in Aircrafts is Aluminium used?
Thank You

Aluminum is used in aircraft because of its high strength-to-weight ratio. It is also resistant to oxidation when anodized. On the other hand, aluminum is susceptible to corrosion when in contact with dissimilar metals. Aluminum has been used in many aircraft parts such as ribs and stringers, struts, window frames, tubing, certain parts of fuselage skin, engine blocks, etc. But the current trend is to substitute composite materials wherever possible because of the weight savings and ever improving strength properties.

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman

Aeronautics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Aeroacoustics, Noise Control, Muffler Design, Wind Tunnel Research.... I know nothing about India - do not ask about schools, jobs, application requirements, career choices, etc. for India. Please, no text message verbiage; I prefer full words in full sentences. Thanks.

38 years as research engineer at NASA

B.S. and M.S. Aeronautical Engineering - U. of Washington, Graduate work Standford U.

AIAA Associate Fellow (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)