Aeronautical Engineering/Research paper questions

Hello, my name is Dakota. I am finishing my research paper for my Business English class. I am sure you have had many high school students ask questions about your chosen career. My teacher has requested of her students to have specific questions answered. If you are not too busy It would be greatly appreciated if you could answer these select questions.

Are Qualified workers needed in this field? Where is the greatest need?

What is the potential income for this Career? What is the typical starting salary range?

What is a typical day/week like in your job?

What do you like most about your job? What do you like least?

If you were hiring someone for this job, what kind of person would you hire? What skills and personal attributes are most important? What qualifications would a person need?

How did you get into this career? why did you choose it?

What personal advice would you give to someone wanting to enter and advance in this career field?

What education or training is required? What courses/major should a person choose? What schools are best to attend?

What are typical mistakes people make that prevent advancement in this career?

If you could answer these that would be great. Not only would i learn from this I could best use your knowledge to benefit me in the future.

Dakota - nice name
1. Yes, qualified professionals are needed in the aerospace and automotive and wind turbine industries. Aircraft and automobiles are always in demand and need to be improved. Wind energy is growing.
2. Starting salary depends on many things - academic achievement, work experience, location, employer, etc. $50,000 to $60,000 per year is possible to start. There is no upper limit, but an engineer not in management could be making $150,000 per year.
3. Research planning, literature review, writing, meeting with peers, meeting with management, conducting experiments, building analytical models, writing code, etc.
4. The challenge of research and my colleagues. Least - the bureaucracy, campaigning for funding.
5. An engineering degree is required. Knowledge of math and science is expected. A natural curiosity and desire to do new things is a plus. Good communication skills is a plus.
6. By going to engineering school and working part time for Boeing. I love to solve technical problems, aircraft and flight seemed interesting and challenging.
7. Study as much math and science as possible. Get proficient in English and communication.
8. A B.S. degree in engineering at least. An M.S. is preferred. Choice of schools is too big a topic and too personal for me to answer -  just choose an accredited engineering school. See school websites for required courses in each discipline. See U. of Washington - Seattle as an example.
9. Plagiarism; poor people skills; poor motivation.

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman

Aeronautics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Aeroacoustics, Noise Control, Muffler Design, Wind Tunnel Research.... I know nothing about India - do not ask about schools, jobs, application requirements, career choices, etc. for India. Please, no text message verbiage; I prefer full words in full sentences. Thanks.

38 years as research engineer at NASA

B.S. and M.S. Aeronautical Engineering - U. of Washington, Graduate work Standford U.

AIAA Associate Fellow (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)