Aeronautical Engineering/Senior Project

Question
Hello,My name is Amos, Ajibolade and i am a student at Frankford High School. i am writing a paper about Aeronautical Engineering for my English Class. My teacher feels that speaking to someone within the field i chose to research would provide me with a better perspective of this career, i am hoping that it would be possible to ask you a few question about your job/career.
1. Whats your Name?
2. What is your job Title?
3. How many years have you worked as a Aeronautical Engineering? Were they all within the same company?
4. Would you describe the duties that you perform at work?
5. What do you like about your job?
6. What is the most difficult aspect of your job?
7. Based on your experience, what would you say to a person considering a career in Aeronautical Engineering?
  This is the Questions i will like to ask, thank you very much for your time, i hope to hear from you soon.

Answer
Hi Amos
1. Paul Soderman
2. Engineering Consultant. When I was working at NASA (now retired), my title was Aeroacoustic Group Leader or sometimes Aerospace Engineer.
3. About 46 years (38 at NASA, 8 self employed). I also worked at Boeing for two summers.
4. At NASA I planned and conducted research experiments with my group. We worked mostly with wind tunnels, but did some work for the Space Station experiments. Wind tunnel work involved isolating an aircraft technology problem or improvement and measuring the physical effects of airflow. Early in my career I worked in aerodynamics and designed the aerodynamic pod used to capture gas in the ozone layer over Antarctica.
5. The challenge of pushing the technology envelope and working with bright, enthusiastic people.
6. Dealing with the buraucracy. Getting funding for new projects.
7. Study as much math and science as possible, choose a career that is satisfying, work hard, enjoy life.
Paul

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman