Aeronautical Engineering/Cockpit Design.

Dear Paul

What more innovation or modernization can we do in further Cockpit design ?.

Additional Security Systems viz CCTV Cameras (Able to view Passengers motions), Parachutes etc

Do you feel Parachutes could be useful if kept on aircraft board in emergencies ?.

CCTV Cameras must be already installed within the aircraft board.

CCTV Cameras are installed on the aircraft board. The pilot and copilot gets a 360 degree view of passengers moments within the cockpit. Now in case if the pilot, copilot should not get disturbed, the video monitors are kept in the cafeteria - refreshments area for the aircraft crew members.

Parachutes are kept in emergencies for pilot, copilot, crew members, passengers in worst to worst scenarios viz in case of fire taking place because of technical reasons.

Note : Heavy Security measures are already deployed in the airport for checking passengers and their luggage baggage. This is done for extra security when passengers on board.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Sorry Prashant - I don't have time to visit all your websites. My only comment is that parachutes in a passenger aircraft would be quite impractical. You would want the crew to go out last (imagine abandoning the passengers...) - at least they could be trained, but trying to get parachutes on untrained passengers and trying to get them to jump. Assuming you had the time, it would be a mad house.

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman

Aeronautics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Aeroacoustics, Noise Control, Muffler Design, Wind Tunnel Research.... I know nothing about India - do not ask about schools, jobs, application requirements, career choices, etc. for India. Please, no text message verbiage; I prefer full words in full sentences. Thanks.

38 years as research engineer at NASA

B.S. and M.S. Aeronautical Engineering - U. of Washington, Graduate work Standford U.

AIAA Associate Fellow (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)