Aeronautical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering

Hello, I'm aspiring to be an aerospace engineer and am currently a freshman in high school and I was wondering if you could kindly answer some questions about the aerospace engineering field and your experiences as an aerospace engineer for an assignment my teacher gave me.

Thank you

1. What is an average day of work for you?

2.What classes did you have to take in college? What did you major in?

3.Why did you want to become an Aerospace Engineer? What motivated you?

4. If you had a chance to major in something else, would you? If not, what do you like the most about being an Aerospace Engineer?

5.When you became an Aerospace Engineer, what was the most difficult thing you had to do?

6.What do you specialize in as an Aerospace Engineer and why did you want to specialize on that specific field?

7.Are there any interesting projects you've done as an Aerospace Engineer?

8.How does your job affect or help companies like NASA?

9.Did you take any internships? If you did, how did they help you?

10.Is the Aerospace Engineering field similar to any other field of Engineering?

11.How does your job affect the daily lives of people?

12.How will your job as an Aerospace Engineer affect our lives in the future?

13.How does your job affect other space companies in countries like Russia?

14.Did you take any classes that weren't required for Aerospace Engineering? If you did, did they help you?

15.What classes did you take in high school? How did they help you?

16.Do you use any principles from other fields of engineering? If you do, do they help you? What principles did you use?

17.What form of note-taking did you use to help you in the Aerospace Engineering field? (Primarily in college and high school) How did you study to become an Aerospace Engineer?

18.After graduating high school which college or university did you apply for or decide to go to? And why?

19.Were there any aspects of Aerospace Engineering that were unexpected? Was there anything that surprised you?

20.Are there any disadvantages in being an Aerospace Engineer?

21.When you became an Aerospace Engineer were they in high demand? Whether or not they were which company did you try to apply for? And why did you apply to them? (their pay, technology, location, etc.)

22.What do you think are the pros and cons of being an Aerospace Engineer?

23.What do you mainly deal with as an Aerospace Engineer? (people, data, or any other things) Do you get short assignments or assignments that take awhile to finish, which do you prefer?

24.As an aerospace engineer do you mainly work alone or with others as a team, which do you prefer?

25.What do you think you'll be doing a few years from now, and why?

26.What parts of your work can be stressful? Is your work stressful at all, can you please explain why or why not?

27.What's the next step in your career as an Aerospace Engineer?

28.How long have you been an Aerospace Engineer? Have you enjoyed it? Why or why not?

29.What type of space do you work in? Do you find it enjoyable/comfortable? Why or why not?

30.What do you think your biggest strength as an Aerospace Engineer ?

31.As an Aerospace Engineer, what do you think you lack the most of? (Free time, vacation, etc.) Do you wish you had more? Why or why not?

P.S.: Please, if you aren't able to answer these questions, can you refer me to an aerospace engineer who can?

Thank once again for your cooperation,

That's quite a list Raion. As I am retired, I will answer as if I were still on the job.

1. Analyzing data, writing code to process data, writing reports, reading the literature, meeting with colleagues.
2. Many classes in math and science along with basic courses in English, history, economics, etc. Check an engineering school curriculum for a typical list.
3. To solve science problems and develop new technology.
4. I might chosed physics. Engineering suits my practical need to work on machines.
5. Learn to give speeches.
6. Aeroacoustics - I love the blend of fluid mechanics and acoustics.
7. Many. Search on my name for technical reports.
8. I worked for NASA. We collaborated with industry.
9. No, but I worked summers for Boeing in graduate school.
10. Yes, it is similar to Mechanical Engineering.
11. We are trying to make green, quiet aircraft.
12. See 11
13. I assume they will follow our lead or vice versus.
14. Yes, I took poetry. It is good for the brain.
15. Math and science, the more the better.
16. We use a lot of electronics, computer science, mechanical design, etc.
17. Hand notes - pen on paper.
18. Oregon State U., U. of Washington, Stanford. All good engineering schools.
19. No
20. Yes, most jobs are in a few, large aerospace companies.
21. Yes, demand was good. I considered Boeing, Northrop, and  few others.
22. Challenging work, good pay.
23. Technology. Long studies are most common and desired.
24. With a team - that is best.
25. Retired
26. Deadlines and bureaucracy can be stressful.
27. Consulting or retirement
28. 38 years and love it
29. Two person office. It is good.
30. Science skills and working with people
31. Vacation time. Americans work too hard.

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman

Aeronautics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Aeroacoustics, Noise Control, Muffler Design, Wind Tunnel Research.... I know nothing about India - do not ask about schools, jobs, application requirements, career choices, etc. for India. Please, no text message verbiage; I prefer full words in full sentences. Thanks.

38 years as research engineer at NASA

B.S. and M.S. Aeronautical Engineering - U. of Washington, Graduate work Standford U.

AIAA Associate Fellow (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)