Aeronautical Engineering/TVC

Sir, explain about thrust vector control and how to design numerically gimbaled nozzle

Thrust vector control is a concept for varying the orientation of a jet or other thrust device so that the force vector can help with aircraft lift or maneuver. There are many ways to do this. The British Harrier jump jet simply rotated the exhaust nozzles from the normal thrust direction to the lift direction. Another way is to use deflector plates that direct the jet in the desired direction. A third is to rotate the entire engine. The Osprey tilt rotor can be thought of as a thrust vectoring aircraft. You need to consider the stability and control of the aircraft when this is done. The design of such a system involves electrical/mechanical actuators that are way too complicated for this forum or my time. Good luck.

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman

Aeronautics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Aeroacoustics, Noise Control, Muffler Design, Wind Tunnel Research.... I know nothing about India - do not ask about schools, jobs, application requirements, career choices, etc. for India. Please, no text message verbiage; I prefer full words in full sentences. Thanks.

38 years as research engineer at NASA

B.S. and M.S. Aeronautical Engineering - U. of Washington, Graduate work Standford U.

AIAA Associate Fellow (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)