Aeronautical Engineering/wing structure

Question
Hello,

I'm making this RC aircraft.

I'm using MATLAB with a "lifting line theory" program, and as intuitively known i have to find the maximum lift coefficient and the cruise lift coefficient (ideal) and then choose from airfoil sources to find the wing's characteristics, and that is all for the sake of the requirements/RFP. One of the main things in RFP is the mass of the aircraft, and of course the estimated mass of the aircraft would be larger if wing is solid than it would be if the wing is non-solid. So, does this MATLAB and lift coefficient calculations thing apply to solid or non-solid aerodynamic bodies?

Thank you.

Answer
Sorry for the delay...  never got the first notice of your question...

I'm not aware of the particular MATLAB program you are using, but the aerodynamics of the wing would be completely dependent on the outer mold line of the geometry (i.e. it does not matter what the internal structure is ...  solid or not)...
Now stability and control analysis requires you know this (the mass distribution), but not lifting-line theory and aerodynamics

Thanx and hope this helps,
mj

Aeronautical Engineering

Mark Janus