Aeronautical Engineering/Aerospace engineering?

Hi, i had a question regarding your aerospace program. Is it better to do a bachelors degree in mechanical and then masters in aerospace or to directly do a bachelors degree in aerospace?  What would be the benenfits of doing each?
Thank you.

Many of my friends at NASA who worked in aeronautics reached their professional goals following both paths because the subject materials are similar. I suppose the the mechanical engineering path would be better if you found that you wanted to work outside the aerospace industry. Or if you found you really liked mechanical design. There are more opportunities in that field than in aero. On the other hand, the B.S. aero program, which is what I followed, gives you a leg up for graduate work in aero and is more closely aligned with your profession if you go to work as an aerodynamicist, for example. Even then you can work in mechanical engineering, but you have to study up on design methods and software. The choice is yours.

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman

Aeronautics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Aeroacoustics, Noise Control, Muffler Design, Wind Tunnel Research.... I know nothing about India - do not ask about schools, jobs, application requirements, career choices, etc. for India. Please, no text message verbiage; I prefer full words in full sentences. Thanks.

38 years as research engineer at NASA

B.S. and M.S. Aeronautical Engineering - U. of Washington, Graduate work Standford U.

AIAA Associate Fellow (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)