Aeronautical Engineering/Project Lead The Way school report

Question
Hello, my name is Warren Snover and I'm currently in tenth grade. For my Project Lead The Way (engineering) course in school we have to create a report and presentation on an engineering field of our choice. I chose aeronautical engineering because I have always been fascinated by planes and helicopters and all things that fly. For this report we have to interview an engineer and have them answer a few questions. My questions are listed below. Thank You in advance.

1)Please describe your engineering field.
2)What is your current job title?
3)Please describe your particular job and duties.
4)What is your average work schedule?
5)Starting with high school, please describe your educational     background chronologically.
6)If you had it to do over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?
7)What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?

Answer
Hi Warren - Sorry for the slow answer. I am now retired from NASA, but I will answer as if I were still on the job.

1.  Aeronautical engineering doing research in NASA wind tunnel facilities.
2.  I am a Research Group Leader.
3.  As Group Leader, I help a team of engineers plan and conduct experiments in various research facilities, primarily wind tunnels. We develop research goals, design apparatus, measure data, and publish papers on our results.
4.  Monday through Friday, 40 - 45 hours per week in the office, lab and computer rooms.
5.  Two years at Oregon State U. engineering school, three years at U. of Washington in Aero Engineering, part time at Stanford U. graduate school. Earned a B.S. and M.S. in Aero Engineering. Foreign language and computer coding studies in Jr. College night school.
6.  Not much different. I would have liked to spend a year working in Europe, but the Viet Nam war got in the way of that.
7.  Study as much math and science as possible.

Aeronautical Engineering

Paul Soderman