Aerospace/Aviation/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Double Decker Commercial Aircraft Design.12/15/2016David A. NewMyer
  Q: Is it feasible and useful to design and construct a Double Decker Commercial Aircraft model? Thanks ...
  A: Prashant: Nice to hear from you again. There has been a double-decker commercial airline aircraft ...
Light Aircraft Safety9/24/2016J. Zumwalt
  Q: Can technology prevent light air plane crashes, or help reduce them? Pilots should not die from ...
  A: Airliners use a prioritized message system. For example, if the airplane is on fire, that is given a ...
Destruction of Shutte-Lanz SL119/20/2016Mark Smith
  Q: Mark - I am having no luck tracking down the origin (presumably some newspaper) of the extolling of ...
  A: I've not heard of that expression before, although it does sound like just the thing a patriotic ...
International airport design.8/15/2016David A. NewMyer
  Q: what are the different factors/parameters contributing to number of terminals required in a ...
  A: Prashant: My view of airport terminal design, especially international airport terminal design, has ...
Potential Energy8/1/2016Cal Taylor
  Q: I can't scientifically pin down the meaning of potential energy(which is, of course, defined as the ...
  A: This isn't "scientific," just a field answer. If you pick up a brick from the floor and place it on ...
Helicopter Headlights.7/28/2016David A. NewMyer
  Q: Do Helicopter have Headlights? Front, Back, Top,Bottom? If yes, where are they fixed? Thanks ...
  A: Prashant: Helicopters have at least four kinds of lights: 1. Basic Navigation lights---the red ...
space-x booster rocket recovery6/27/2016J. Zumwalt
  Q: My heart sinks every time I watch a falcon -9 attempt to land on barg at sea and it tips over and ...
  A: While it would be possible, the same money and effort would just as well be spent perfecting the ...
Aeroplane Tiles Design.5/8/2016Laura Laster
  Q: Is it feasible and safe to install and fix ceramic tiles in commercial aircraft?. Thanks Prashant
  A: I would say that ceramic tiles would be somewhat heavy, and probably not practical for use in ...
International commercial Airlines supporting Pets Travel.4/28/2016Laura Laster
  Q: Do International commercial Airlines allow Pets Travel with the owner in the Airplane?. Thanks ...
  A: This depends on the individual airline. For example, Delta Air Lines does allow pets to travel in ...
Food Storage and Processing Equipments in Aeroplanes.4/4/2016Laura Laster
  Q: Do Microwave oven and Refrigeration systems can be deployed in commercial aircraft pantry?. Thanks ...
  A: I'm not very familiar with use of microwave ovens in aircraft galleys, as they are called, but I do ...
Pilot Flying Licence.1/14/2016Laura Laster
  Q: Do Pilot Flying Licence has a expiry date and has to be renewed by the Pilot after certain term ...
  A: In the USA, a pilot certificate does not expire. The pilot does have to maintain certain ...
Pilot Flying Licence.1/14/2016D. Norkus
  Q: Do Pilot Flying licence has a expiry date and and has to be renewed after a certain term period by ...
  A: No, not in the United States. I can't comment on other countries. The certificate is valid for ...
Pilot Flying Licence.1/14/2016David A. NewMyer
  Q: Do Pilot Flying Licence is expired after a certain term period and has to be renewed by the Pilot?. ...
  A: Each country will have somewhat different rules on this subject. With regard to the U. S. rules, ...
Helicopter Rotor Blades.12/7/2015David A. NewMyer
  Q: Can there be more than one pair of Rotor blades in a Helicopter?. If yen, what are the advantages ...
  A: Prashant: There are several models of helicopters with more than one set of rotor blades, most ...
Life of a commercial aircraft.11/23/2015wayne johnson
  Q: What is the life of a commercial aircraft?. Thanks Prashant
  A: There is no life limit on an aircraft. It basically becomes a question of how much money do you want ...
Life of a commercial aircraft.11/23/2015David A. NewMyer
  A: Prashant, Thanks for your question---I will try to assist. The average "life" of a commercial ...
Life of a commercial aircraft.11/23/2015Laura Laster
  A: That really can depend on several factors. There are airliners built in the 60s & 70s that have had ...
Storage facility in Commercial Airlines.11/16/2015wayne johnson
  Q: Do you feel Electronic lock with password can enhance security in commercial airlines for luggage ...
  A: No - who would have the key or combination. If there is a problem at an airport with stolen luggage ...
Fixing whiteboard in Aeroplane.9/7/2015David A. NewMyer
  Q: Do you feel It could be value added service by the commercial airlines operator to fix mini ...
  A: Prashant: With regard to a mini-whiteboard, you would have to do some good market research to find ...
Fixing whiteboard in Aeroplane.9/7/2015D. Norkus
  A: No. It is not something that is needed by passengers. Only necessary equipment is installed. ANY ...
Electronic Security Lock for Aeroplane Ignition.9/3/2015David A. NewMyer
  Q: Is it possible to provide Electronic Security Lock for Aeroplane Ignition system startup with a ...
  A: Most smaller, single engine aircraft already have an ignition lock in place. The security of the ...
Electronic Security Lock for Aeroplane Ignition.9/3/2015Marc Ebelini
  A: Anything is possible. Must consider that the switch is not only for the ignition as you put but also ...
Electronic Security Lock for Aeroplane Ignition.9/3/2015wayne johnson
  A: For small aircraft you could possibly adapt some sort of system to prevent the electrical system ...
Altimeter Flight instrument.8/15/2015Laura Laster
  Q: Do the altimeter Flight instrument indicates with accuracy the plane Altitude from the ground level ...
  A: The altimeter is typically used to indicate the airplane's altitude above sea level, not necessarily ...
Altimeter Flight instrument.8/15/2015Cal Taylor
  A: Yes, the altimeter is accurate in displaying the airplane's altitude above the ground. If it is set ...
Altimeter Flight instrument.8/15/2015Marc Ebelini
  A: Altimeters do not measure accurately the height above the ground. It is only a relative number. The ...
Altimeter Flight instrument.8/15/2015wayne johnson
  A: Prashant - The altimeter only measures height above sea level. It does not measure the distance ...
Altimeter Flight instrument.8/15/2015D. Norkus
  A: No, the altimeter actually indicates pressure altitude. With all aircraft in a given air mass using ...
Cybercafes Inside airports.8/13/2015wayne johnson
  Q: Do you suggest to have cybercafes Inside airports - Local and International in all countries?. ...
  A: Prashant - I think all airports should have free Wi-Fi in the airport, because more and more ...
Marble flooring in airports runways.8/7/2015Cal Taylor
  Q: Is marble flooring allowed on Airports runways?. Thanks Prashant ANSWER: No. Airport surfaces ...
  A: Do a tiny bit of thinking about paving a runway with marble. How much would you need? How thick ...
Marble flooring in airports runways.8/7/2015D. Norkus
  Q: Is marble flooring allowed on Airports runways?. Thanks Prashant ANSWER: No, runways would never ...
  A: If you are literally talking about a runway- on which aircraft take off from and land upon- being ...
Marble flooring in airports runways.8/6/2015Marc Ebelini
  Q: Is marble flooring allowed on Airports runways?. Thanks Prashant
  A: Any smooth hard surface can be used for a runway. The cost of marble runway would be very expensive ...
Marble flooring in airports runways.8/6/2015wayne johnson
  A: Prashant - I am not sure what you mean by "flooring." If you mean the surface versus concrete, ...
air safety7/17/2015J. Zumwalt
  Q: in light of all the news about lasers being shined into aircraft cockpits nowadays I wonder if the ...
  A: There are a couple of issues that make laser deterrents hard to be practical. 1) Lasers are very ...
Regional Airline Operations7/16/2015D. Norkus
  Q: I have a quick question in regards to regional airlines. I understand that many regional airlines ...
  A: Ken In the last 5 to 10 years, almost every regional has gone to a regional jet fleet, so there are ...
Meteorology BS and Masters Degrees options4/6/2015D. Norkus
  Q: Am a student of meteorology and am confused whether after I can study aeronautics at masters level ...
  A: A graduate with a bachelors degree in meteorology can get a masters in any subject they choose- as ...
Cessna 1521/28/2015J. Zumwalt
  Q: I have questions about Cessna 152. What are the forces to be applied on Cessna 152, if the right ...
  A: Your problem is not easily solved because the force on occupants is based on information that is ...
choosing the right uni1/28/2015David A. NewMyer
  Q: I want to become an international pilot. I have done A-level,cie. I am originally from India but ...
  A: Aamish: Thank you for your question, I will try to assist! First of all, I wanted to bring up a ...
entry to college1/28/2015D. Norkus
  Q: My name is Aamish patel. I want to become an international pilot. I have done A-level,cie. I am ...
  A: 1. Does the ranking of university from where I've got my aerospace degree matter when I go for ...
Flight Departure Aviation Rule.12/22/2014wayne johnson
  Q: Scenario -------- In a International commercial flight one hour before departure the pilot or ...
  A: Phashant - Each airline will have written procedures to handle that situation. Most airlines have ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Aerospace/Aviation

David A. NewMyer

Top Expert on this page