Aerospace/Aviation/Aerospace MBA

Hello This is rohit from INDIA. I have done my engineering in Aeronautical. I am write now working for a organization since 2 years. I would like to peruse Aerospace MBA. Can you please suggest me is the Aerospace MBA good option for a guy like me from engineering background.

what are the good B schools that offer this programs

Thanks & regards,

Dear Rohit:

The Aviaton or Aerospace MBA is a good option for anyone who wants to work on the business side of aviation.  This degree will give you both more theoretical background in business as well as some additional coursework/ background in aviation (non-aerospace engineering background).  The value added of the degree is that it gives you an additional perspective on the aviation industry, especially from a finance perspective as well as from a management and business perspective (rather than an engineering or design perspective).

There are a number of good schools that offer the MBA in aviation or aerospace including:

Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL

University of Tennessee at Knoxville

Dowling College, Oakdale, NY

Daniel Webster College, Nashua, New Hampshire

Griffith University

University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dheradun

Emirates Aviation College

I hope that this list of schools helps you toward your goal.  I wish you the best in your pursuit of your aviation career goals.

David A. NewMyer

David A. NewMyer

I can answer questions about aviation industry employment, airports and airport planning and aviation industry regulation (overall regulation of the industry--who regulates what and why).

I have worked in aviation since the late 1960s, primarily in airports, airport planning and in aviation education. I have done major research in aviation employment and in graduate education in aviation.

University Aviation Association since 1982 (President, 2009-2010)

Collegiate Aviation Review Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education and Research Journal of Air Transportation ATEA Journal SIU Press

B. S. in History and Government, University of Redlands, California, 1969 M. A. in Political Science (Metropolitan Studies), Drew University, Madison, New Jersey, 1971 M. S. in Transportation, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, 1974 Ph.D. in Education (Education Aministration and Higher Education), Southern Illinois University Carbonale, 1987

United Airlines William Wheatley Award from the University Aviation Association, 1994 for excellence in Post Secondary Aviation Education Sorensen Award for Excellence in Research, University Aviation Association, 2008

Prepared airport master plan and environmental assessment reports for several Illinois Airports; prepared two separate airport systems plans for the Chicago area