You are here:

Aerospace/Aviation/Local and International Flights Operations



What are the eligibility criteria for Pilots to fly Local (Domestic) as well as International flights ?

i.e. Educational Certificate Training qualifications, No of Hours Flight Operations etc

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: All your questions can be answered by obtaining CFR 14 FAA regulations Parts 61 & 91 Since you will need both parts to answer all your questions. Google will bring up both parts for you to read and get answers to all questions. It is important that you get the one dated January 2013 since international regulations are always changing. Especially in the middle east.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------


Thank you.

Pilot will require separate Commercial Aircraft Flying Licenses Permits each for Domestic and International flight operations ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Those questions are in the Far's I suggested you obtain from Google. A commercial pilots license are just that. Then Additional ratings such as an Instrument rating is added. The license is limited to a single engine unless it has multi engine added. To fly aircraft over a certain weight such 12,000 lbs the a Air transport rating is required "ATR"
As a pilot you can fly anywhere as long as you land at a point of entry to clear customs. Exceptions are listed by alerts or in the updated FAR. If you are interested in Commercial air operations then you must read FAR 91 because there are many different levels of operations. Commercial airlines must have scheduled flights to different destinations. Air transports may not. So before any one can answer your question they must know what you have in mind. Pilots licenses and Flight operations are not the same thing. Maybe this explanation will help. My friend had a Part 135 operation. Called air taxis in simple terms. I would sometimes take flights for him. Now his Part 135 was not approved for IFR operations because he did not have the IFR endorsement on his commercial license. When I would take a distant flight and get caught in bad weather I could not fly the airplane back even though I was IFR endorsed. However, under my commercial license I could fly them back in a rented aircraft for which the passengers would pay me. Now if I flew his aircraft under his Part 135 operation he could have lost his 135 license. The FAR's can sometimes be very complex. As a IA (inspection Authorization) I had to study the FAR's as thoughorly as an attorney practicing law.
Figure out what you want to do then read the FAR's to determine what is needed. It's not only the pilots that must be licensed but the operations as well.  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Marc Ebelini


Basis aircraft and engine maintenance. Avionics and other electronic questions related to computers and radio communications.


FAA licensed comercial pilot, A&P mechanic, former authorized inspector, ground instructor certified in aircraft, powerplant and radio navigation. FCC commercial license.

©2017 All rights reserved.