Aerospace/Aviation/Separate Airports for International and Domestic Flights Operations.

Dear Marc

Is it mandatory or compulsory to have separate airports to be built / constructed for International and Domestic Flight Operations according to International Aviation Rules ?.

This will help in smooth flight operations management as well as tackling the problem of space constraint for many airplanes (local and international planes) landing and departure.

Isn't it ?

Previously, many years back, there were single airport/s allowing both domestic and international flight operations.

Example :

Different Airports for Local and International Airports

International Air carriers / operators viz Cathay Pacific, Delta
Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Lufthansa etc

Local Air carriers / operators (In India) viz Kingfisher Airlines, Jet Airways, GoAir etc

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Are you asking me or telling me? The main reason for International airports are because of the requirement for there being custom agents available for people coming in from another country.
Any airport can arrange to have custom agents available but it would cost the incoming aircraft a fee to cover their expenses to be there. No one can enter a country without going through customs.

Marc Ebelini

Basis aircraft and engine maintenance. Avionics and other electronic questions related to computers and radio communications.

FAA licensed comercial pilot, A&P mechanic, former authorized inspector, ground instructor certified in aircraft, powerplant and radio navigation. FCC commercial license.