Aerospace/Aviation/Prop speed

Question
Can you please tell me at what speed does the propeller of a single prop light aircraft turn. Does this differ in a twin prop aircraft?

I understand the propeller speed of a light hovercraft has to be reduced to around 3,600 rpm by using a reduction gear or pulley. Why is this so?

How is the air pressure in a hovercraft culculated?

Answer
Since they are direct drive they turn at typical piston engine RPM...  e.g. 2000 - 2500

If you are referring to WWII type aircraft or high performance racing aircraft it's more like 4000-5000

If you are referring to turbo-props, those have to be reduced to that same range by reduction gears...

Not that familiar with hovercraft, but the air movement device used to "inflate" the apron and provide the cushion is working against pressure....  normal propellers (for propulsion) do not function in this way.. i.e. against pressure

Aerospace/Aviation

Mark Janus