Aerospace/Aviation/Lecturer position (Carbondale)

Dear Dr. David A. NewMyer,

I am writing to express interest in the aviation lecturer position. My background is in Part 121, in both maintenance and engineering and flight operations. I also have Part 21,25 background with new aircraft production (regional and corporate jets).
I've completed 90% of my post graduate degree in business administration with concentration in extending/application of low cost model to long haul haul (2008-10). I m happy to discuss moving forward if in your opinion its possible. Thank you,I hope to hear shortly

Kind regards,

Noel Alejandro

Hi, Noel:

The ASA 398 and ASA 399 positions are both part time faculty/lecturer positions in our B. S. in Aviation Management program.  The ASA 398 position is located on campus at Southern Illinois University Carbondale and the ASA 399 position is for faculty members who teach in our extension programs.  Both of them require a masters degree or higher.  Also, each position is asking for applicants to teach in specific course areas such as Airline Management or Air Transport Labor Relations or Aviation Industry Career Development or others, depending on the position.  Therefore, in any application you might send for either position, it would be a good idea to give details on why you believe you might be qualified to teach one or more of the courses listed.

I hope that this answers any questions you may have.

Thank you for your inquiry,

David A. NewMyer

David A. NewMyer

I can answer questions about aviation industry employment, airports and airport planning and aviation industry regulation (overall regulation of the industry--who regulates what and why).

I have worked in aviation since the late 1960s, primarily in airports, airport planning and in aviation education. I have done major research in aviation employment and in graduate education in aviation.

University Aviation Association since 1982 (President, 2009-2010)

Collegiate Aviation Review Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education and Research Journal of Air Transportation ATEA Journal SIU Press

B. S. in History and Government, University of Redlands, California, 1969 M. A. in Political Science (Metropolitan Studies), Drew University, Madison, New Jersey, 1971 M. S. in Transportation, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, 1974 Ph.D. in Education (Education Aministration and Higher Education), Southern Illinois University Carbonale, 1987

United Airlines William Wheatley Award from the University Aviation Association, 1994 for excellence in Post Secondary Aviation Education Sorensen Award for Excellence in Research, University Aviation Association, 2008

Prepared airport master plan and environmental assessment reports for several Illinois Airports; prepared two separate airport systems plans for the Chicago area