Aerospace/Aviation/Pilot Flying Licence.

Question
Dear Laura

Do Pilot Flying Licence has a expiry date and has to be renewed by the Pilot after certain term period?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hello,
In the USA, a pilot certificate does not expire. The pilot does have to maintain certain requirements in order to exercise the privileges of the certificate, such as completing three takeoffs and landings every 90 days to be able to fly passengers, and similar other requirements, but the certificates do not expire. The only exception is that the flight instructor certificate, which is a separate certificate from the pilot certificate (in the USA) does expire every 2 years and must be renewed.
I hope this helps!
Laura

Aerospace/Aviation

Laura Laster