Affirmative Action/Quotas/Civil Rights/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Equal Pay for Equal Work10/8/2015Michael Troy
  Q: California Gov. Brown has just signed a bill requiring equal pay for equal work between genders. If ...
  A: Under Federal law it has been illegal for a private employer to discriminate based on sex in paying ...
Fired5/15/2014Michael Troy
  Q: I have to apologize in forward, i probably am asking this specific question in the wrong topic here ...
  A: I have to say up front that I cannot provide specific legal advice in this forum. Your friend would ...
Segregation11/16/2013Michael Troy
  Q: Was there ever a federal lawsuit seeking a desegregation order in the city of Chicago?
  A: Other than for a couple of years during the Civil War, Chicago never had a school system that was ...
Christian Universities and Title VII9/23/2013Michael Troy
  Q: How can Christian Universities legally fire transgender or gay individuals specifically because they ...
  A: Title VII prevents employment discrimination based on race or sex. It says nothing about ...
possible sexual harassment?6/15/2013Michael Troy
  Q: I have a strange question for you and am just looking for your opinion. I am a 43 year old male who ...
  A: First let me say that I cannot provide legal advice in this forum, for that, you would need to speak ...
privacy question / issue6/15/2013John Fuller
  A: For some reason my answer was not sent through the system. It appears that you are in a very ...
Hate Crime Surveillance Laws5/14/2013Michael Troy
  Q: I thank you in advance for answering my question. Is it legal for me to record a hate crime occuring ...
  A: Please note that I an not permitted to provide specific legal advice in this forum. For that, you ...
Parent Refusing Care by African American Nurse2/16/2013Michael Troy
  Q: Does a parent have the right to request that no African American employees give care to their ...
  A: Here is my answer again. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 prevents an employer from discriminating in ...
Parent Refusing Care Based on Race of Nurse2/16/2013Michael Troy
  Q: If a parent refuses to allow any African Americans to provide care to their hospitalized premature ...
  A: The Civil Rights Act of 1964 prevents an employer from discriminating in any way on the basis of ...
Interracial Websites/Organizations8/22/2012Michael Troy
  Q: My wife and I are an adult interracial couple who've been married for about 12 years. We recently ...
  A: The Internet is all about niche markets. The problem is going to be that there are already many ...
question7/6/2012John Fuller
  Q: Good day I wanted to get a better understanding of the women's right and representation view. Women ...
  A: I believe you are asking a question that is sometimes confusing to employers in the United States. ...
Ref: question7/6/2012Michael Troy
  A: Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 it is illegal in the US to restrict jobs to members of one race ...
Functional Affirmative Action Plans - how do calculations change?2/6/2012John Fuller
  Q: I am trying to understand the difference between a site based AAP and a functional AAP in regards to ...
  A: You post an excellent question. First of all you have to determine if you are going to use either an ...
Grandparents Rights9/30/2011Michael Troy
  Q: The Mother of the Father of my child told both my childs' Father and I we were not permitted at her ...
  A: First, keep in mind that I cannot provide legal advice in this forum. For legal advice on your ...
privacy9/21/2011John Fuller
  Q: my husbands employer has printed pages from his Facebook account and it has our daughter on it.can ...
  A: Unless I misread your question, does your husband have his own Facebook account and you have one as ...
stocking8/24/2011Michael Troy
  Q: Is stocking a crime when they still your identy for blackmailing you while discrimenataton for a ...
  A: Stalking is a crime only if a person repeatedly follows or harasses another person and makes a ...
AF rules7/20/2011John Fuller
  Q: As I understand from US laws, there is a "one-drop-rule" borrowed from the Confederacy, whereby ...
  A: Although society still has a large role in dictating race through such historical and sometimes in ...
law and justice6/30/2011Michael Troy
  Q: between justice and law what comes first?
  A: I suppose that is a matter of personal philosophy. I'm happy to offer my opinion, but please be ...
Discrimination in Art field6/11/2011Michael Troy
  Q: I am a mural artist. The Director of a city art program, publicly announced, at one of my ...
  A: and sorry to hear about your situations. First, let me say that I cannot provide legal advice in ...
[MOLD BUILD] in the bed room & my kids get sick5/27/2011John Fuller
  Q: I live at 4527 31st.st.south apt#102 Arlington,va 22206[PARK SHIRLINGTON APT].In the master bed room ...
  A: I would first contact the health department in your city and file a complaint. You may also contact ...
jury duty4/30/2011Michael Troy
  Q: Is it legal to call someone to jury duty EVERY time they vote? Where I live the Republicans are ...
  A: If the act of voting caused you to be called for jury duty, or even increased you chances, there ...
Equal Employment Opportunity1/31/2011John Fuller
  Q: Perceived or actual Sexual orientation & Gender Identity are not protected by the Equal Employment ...
  A: I truly understand your concern and have been working with this issue for over two decades now. As ...
fair housing1/22/2011Michael Troy
  Q: Mr. Troy, Can you tell me if Fair Housing Laws regarding discrimination against a disability, ...
  A: Different State laws my apply differently, for a definitive opinion, you may want to speak with an ...
illegal alien rights10/29/2010Michael Troy
  Q: Do illegal aliens have a civil right to occupy a dwelling in a country where they are there ...
  A: Property rights of illegal aliens can be somewhat contradictory given different laws and ...
Civil Rights7/6/2010John Fuller
  Q: I was wrongfully terminated in March of this year. I am receiving unemployment. Everytime I think of ...
  A: What you will have to do is to document your condition. This will help establish the when and why ...
Research on discrimination‏5/20/2010John Fuller
  Q: Delphi Panel Report“The evidence we have collected in both surveys and focus groups suggests that ...
  A: I have given lectures on the Y Generation at Johns Hopkins and feel that there are times when people ...
Can I sue for racial or familial discrimination?5/19/2010John Fuller
  Q: Recently I moved into a new complex. Prior to getting in here they gave me hell. My boyfriend and I ...
  A: After reviewing your question, there are several areas of real concern. First, anyone who denies ...
Can I sue for racial or familial discrimination?5/19/2010Michael Troy
  A: and sorry to hear about your situation. The problem with many of these discrimination claims is ...
U.S. Law of the Land3/26/2010John Fuller
  Q: A political science professor in college once said that, when one consents to be a citizen of this ...
  A: Richard, If you are a citizen or become a citizen of the United States, you are bound by the ...
The History of Affirm. Action, and Civil Rights.3/12/2010John Fuller
  Q: I wrote to this site, for its Expert advice. I asked a self-proclaimed "expert" on Affirma. Action, ...
  A: Mike, As I noted in my reply to the All Experts Board, it is not my place to research a list of ...
Patriot Act2/18/2010Michael Troy
  Q: Is the patriot act a good law?
  A: I suppose whether one considers it good law to be a matter of opinion. The law was passed shortly ...
same sex marriage2/4/2010Michael Troy
  Q: Some people want to amend the constitution to ban same-sex marriage. How would an amendment like ...
  A: OK, thanks. There is nothing in the US Constitution as written that speaks to homosexuality, or ...
Ex-Patner - Pass Record12/30/2009John Fuller
  Q: I have been in the Sentri- Trusted program for over 8 years since then i never had a problem. But ...
  A: Although this is not in my area of expertise, it appears that you are a victim of what someone else ...
freedom of speech11/24/2009Michael Troy
  Q: penalizing people who say "bomb jokes"" while at the airport is a violation of freedom of ...
  A: I cannot provide specific legal advice in this forum, but courts have held that government may ...
Renting to Illegal Aliens11/11/2009Michael Troy
  Q: I saw a question you answered in May pertaining to renting to illegal aliens. How does this differ ...
  A: There is no US law that requires landlords to determine the status of possible illegal alien. In ...
ADA versus Affirmative Action10/24/2009Michael Troy
  Q: What are the differences between ADA and Affirmative Action?
  A: The ADA is a specific law designed to give special employment and housing rights to the disabled. ...
"hate Crime"8/19/2009Michael Troy
  Q: About four years ago we experienced a situation in which our neighbors were constantly harassing us ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your situation. Please keep in mind that I cannot provide specific legal advice ...
harassment8/18/2009Michael Troy
  Q: I am a student at a college. Once the instructor suddenly had black marks on her neck, swellings, ...
  A: I cannot comment directly in this forum on whether a specific incident constitutes a violation of ...
1964 civil rights8/6/2009John Fuller
  Q: Regarding the 1964 Civil Rights Act, I am interested in knowing which political party was dominant ...
  A: After going through compromises and changes in the Act which Congress does routinely on just about ...
Affirmative Action7/21/2009Michael Troy
  Q: Respected Sir, I am bit confused about the detailing of the question pls help. 1.Can attirmative ...
  A: Affirmative Action is a vague term used to cover a wide variety of practices. In the sense of being ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5   |  Next       All

Affirmative Action/Quotas/Civil Rights

Michael Troy

Top Expert on this page