African-American Culture/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
boy8/19/2010Mariah AS
  Q: We are Asians. We look like African American people.There are so many African American people in my ...
  A: Well, I don't believe the man should have started cursing at him. I believe that was wrong. But, ...
Teaching African American Students4/8/2010Mariah AS
  Q: I'm an elementary teacher in a low-income African American community. I am a young, white, female. I ...
  A: Hmmm...Well, I would say that you really have been having a hard time trying to make them understand ...
Mixed race sexuality3/16/2010Mariah AS
  Q: I am currently studying Comparative American Studies at Warwick University in England. I am in my ...
  A: I believe that in today's society many men and women prefer light skin over dark skin. It goes back ...
Adoption of black girls8/11/2007Sharon
  Q: What can a white midclass mom (in a very diverse city) do to help her three young black/latina ...
  A: Julie Good Question. I would say have them participate in cultural events in your area. I'm not ...
Is it me?8/7/2007Sharon
  Q: I have two count em two black friends that are girls and they said they have had the same problem. I ...
  A: Kia I have had a similliar experience that you have had and its funny because a friend and I had ...
Opinion: The stereotype8/3/2007Sharon
  Q: I think that THE stereotype of all stereotypes in American culture is the common usage of the words ...
  A: Jo Wow!!! you have a very interesting thought process. Thank you for your insight. I do have a ...
Oh No You Don't...6/27/2007Sharon
  Q: Why is the 'Crab-Barrel Syndrome' so pronounced among blacks ? Why are most black women so fat ? ...
  A: John As far as the crab barrel syndrome in blacks I have not seen it, my family, friends, and ...
black stereotypes in comics6/19/2007Sharon
  Q: There is a character in Hellbazer John Constantine called Papa Midnite, one of the few ...
  A: I have never heard of this comic. Im guessing that this Papa Midnite is a sterotype of a ...
poopulation density5/15/2007Sharon
  Q: which cities of the us have the mostly populated by black people
  A: op I would have to say Atlanta, Georgia, is the top, Gary, Indiana, Detroit,Michigan, area. New ...
African American Sexuality5/4/2007Sharon
  Q: Sharon, I'm a student at Northwestern Univeristy's Medill School of Journalim. I'm working on an ...
  A: Kelsey, Im sorry I cannot answer this question. This is a very "heavy subject". Let me rephase ...
Taboos in the African-American Culture4/17/2007Sharon
  Q: I am doing a project on the African-American culture, and one of the questions is, "What things are ...
  A: Samuel I would say anything that would be the opposite of conservatism. For example, sex before ...
Anger towards Asian people ( + other)4/13/2007LM
  Q: my name is David and i am Vietnamese but i live in America. I am having multiple problems with ...
  A: First, let me offer you my profound apologies for the bad experience that you are having. There are ...
Crips3/30/2007Sharon
  Q: Why do Slobks insist on calling Crips crabs when we know that it means Crips Rule All Bloods
  A: Im sorry, but I will not answer any gang related questions. I grew up around gangs and I despise ...
nguzo saba3/15/2007Sharon
  Q: Are the principles of being utilized in the african american families.and if so how?
  A: Tasha. I never heard of this term before. But I looked it up and I know that it is pertaining to ...
african amercian culture3/7/2007Sharon
  Q: How does your culture or affiliation with the group you are from impact the way that you ...
  A: Cheryl Honestly, my culture dosent really impact the way that I communicate at all. I try to ...
African American views on sexuality11/28/2006Sharon
  Q: I am doing a paper on "Race and Sexuality" and I must find information on African American's sexual ...
  A: Victoria I have received your question, but I must ask are you a high school student or a college ...
Resources7/22/2006LM
  Q: I have been troubled for a long time about the black "elephant in the room" syndrome in which NOBODY ...
  A: I am sorry for the delay, but your question did not come through to my mailbox for some reason. ...
Black Americans in Asia7/15/2006LM
  Q: 1. Would it be worthwile to study the image and perceptions of Black Americans by Chinese citizens? ...
  A: 1. It will not be changed. Things in China are REALLY SLOW to change. If you think about it: They've ...
BLACK MEN7/1/2006LM
  Q: how come blacks mainly go for light-skinned or non-black girls? Are we not good enough?
  A: An answer of more character. This is something that requires thought. 1. I'll say that most black ...
Conservativism3/19/2006LM
  Q: What do you think of the writings by John McWhorter? I enjoyed most of his book "Authentically ...
  A: McWhorter is a great author. I've not read the "Authentically Black" book, but have read "Self ...
crime rate11/27/2005LM
  Q: isn't it completely true that if there were more african american abortions, there would be a ...
  A: It is not clear, but likely yes. And the reason that I say this is because an increased abortion ...
blacks7/25/2005LM
  Q: Why do you think that in the news to till this day African Americans are portrayed as robbers, ...
  A: I'm sorry that it took me so long to get an answer to you. I've recently been very sick with a burst ...
Don't they know better???7/23/2005LM
  Q: My name is Amir Zal. I want to preface this question by stating that I am not black, I am half ...
  A: We've been here before, but here goes..... Please forgive my lateness in answering your question. I ...
How do you view Blacks today7/15/2005LM
  Q: How do you view Blacks today, are we moving forward. I am a career counselor for adults and I have ...
  A: Not necessarily in a good light. And because I am so tired of being around *dumb-assed* black ...
African American Sucess stories4/20/2005LM
  Q: I need to write about one African American who was a success. I also need to find information on ...
  A: Sorry about the lateness of the reply. I am a truck driver for this period in time and am away from ...
Kwanza4/11/2005LM
  Q: Does Kwanza replace a religious holiday (ie Christmas) for African-Americans to any significant ...
  A: I am sorry for the lateness of my reply. Just currently, I am driving a truck and often away from ...
leadership2/24/2005LM
  Q: I want to know the difference between now and the past about the leadership. Are their the same ...
  A: Not really. The black "leadership" is offering the same threadbare solutions to problems that they ...
black education12/20/2004LM
  Q: what is the best source for black education? I prefer dvd,video tapes,books,if you can give me a ...
  A: Books are best. Movies tend to omit certain things, assuming that brevity is the sake of wit. I'd ...
Education?12/18/2004LM
  Q: What are the underlying reasons for the lack of enthusiasm displayed by many African Americans on ...
  A: It wasn't always that way. I think that for a long time, black people have fundamentally ...
Conservative Black Information1/14/2004LM
  Q: Where can I read and/or receive Conservative Black information. I am also what you would call a ...
  A: A good starting point is Thomas Sowell. He's written two of my favorite books: "Knowledge and ...
Your life experience8/15/2003LM
  Q: Do you feel the Black Race will ever receive justice in the United States of America? and Do you ...
  A: This is a very complicated question. At best, I can only answer it in pieces. One book that I would ...
Black Superheroes11/30/2002LM
  Q: I'm a student at Birmingham University (UCE) in England studying visual communication. I'm currently ...
  A: I studied at the University of Leicester in England for one year abroad. While there, I took a ...
African-American Culture and Vocabulary11/14/2002LM
  Q: I am taking a master level business communications course. I was recently admonished for being ...
  A: "....incorrect and misleading in his political correctness viewpoint" That sounds about right to ...
racial or not??8/5/2002Kalua
  Q: I have children with a african-american man. I wanted to know if the word "mullato" has ever been ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in answering you. I'm from Louisiana and my mother is a mullato. There is no ...
traditional gospel music2/19/2002Kalua
  Q: I just found this great website/service. I actually have a comment & question. I would like to know ...
  A: I grew up a Baptist and sang in the choir but as an adult I became Catholic like my father. I do so ...
Adoption12/10/2001Kalua
  Q: What is your opinion on white people adopting black children? Thanks for your time! :)
  A: I think that an abandoned child is colorless. I've watched "Raising Isiah" a few times and it ...
African American Cultures12/7/2001Kalua
  Q: Would like to know about values, norms, religion language and its influence on gender roles for this ...
  A: That's a broad area and illicits a vague and broad answer. African American women are known for ...
matriarchal phenomena?11/15/2001Kalua
  Q: I am a white woman married to a wonderful black man and we have 3 children together. I was intrigued ...
  A: Most black families are headed by black women as our men are missing in action either, prison, other ...

Page:    1 

African-American Culture