African -American History/The Civil Rights Movement

Question
I was wondering if you knew how Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, and the NAACP contributed to the Civil Rights Movement

Answer
Thank you for the question Nicole:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was the head of a civil rights organization called the S.C.L.C. (Southern Christian Leadership Conference). As such he and others provide strategic leadership utilizing the principles of non violent direct action. These Ghadian principles were taught by Mr. Bayard Rustin who had met with and study under Ghandi in India.
Mother Rosa Parks was a domestic service worker who refuse to yield her seat to a European (so called white) person which was the law under the Alabama 'Jim Crow" system. Her subsequent arrest led to the famous Montgomery Bus boycott. The NAACP provide needed legal representation and facilitated dialog during critical negotiation during the Civil Rights Movement. I hope this helps in some way.

With Kind Regards,

Dr.Lawrence Kwame Adouaw, Th.M, Ph.D.

African -American History

Dr. Kwame Adouaw, ThM, PhD