African -American History/The Civil Rights Movement

I was wondering if you knew how Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, and the NAACP contributed to the Civil Rights Movement

Thank you for the question Nicole:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was the head of a civil rights organization called the S.C.L.C. (Southern Christian Leadership Conference). As such he and others provide strategic leadership utilizing the principles of non violent direct action. These Ghadian principles were taught by Mr. Bayard Rustin who had met with and study under Ghandi in India.
Mother Rosa Parks was a domestic service worker who refuse to yield her seat to a European (so called white) person which was the law under the Alabama 'Jim Crow" system. Her subsequent arrest led to the famous Montgomery Bus boycott. The NAACP provide needed legal representation and facilitated dialog during critical negotiation during the Civil Rights Movement. I hope this helps in some way.

With Kind Regards,

Dr.Lawrence Kwame Adouaw, Th.M, Ph.D.

African -American History

Dr. Kwame Adouaw, ThM, PhD

Answering questions related to Early European, US, Near Eastern, African and MesoAmerican history. I cannot answer questions based upon speculation, internet scholarship or conjecture.

Over 30 year of intensive quantitive reseach in the areas of African, US, Early European and Near Eastern Studies. Also, biblical historic correlation to modern day events and happenings. Pan African Apologist.

BA (US History, Th.B (Theology/Apologetics, Th.M (Theology/Apologetics), Ph.D (African Sudies)

U of M Dearbor, MI Henry Ford Community College University of the Virgin Islands University of Ghana University of Nigeria Government of Trinidad & Tabago