African -American History/Frederick Douglass

"Any attempt now to separate the freedom of the slave from the victory of Government; any attempt to secure peace to the whites while leaving the blacks in chains will be labor lost." i am having the hardest time interpreting this quote!

This was a quote from Mr. Frederick Douglas during a speech before the organizers of the Freedman's bureau. In essence he was stating that the civil war was not solely an issue of restoration of the national government, and restoring domestic tranquility amongst Europeans. The issue of a homogenous governance as well as as domestic tranquility were intimately connected to freedom from enslavement and forced labor of Blacks. Separated, the entire rationale for the war itself would be deemed futile, a wasted effort!

I hope this helps. If not please ask for more clarity!

With Kindest Regards,

Dr. Lawrence Kawme Adouaw, Th.M, Ph.D.

African -American History

Dr. Kwame Adouaw, ThM, PhD

Answering questions related to Early European, US, Near Eastern, African and MesoAmerican history. I cannot answer questions based upon speculation, internet scholarship or conjecture.

Over 30 year of intensive quantitive reseach in the areas of African, US, Early European and Near Eastern Studies. Also, biblical historic correlation to modern day events and happenings. Pan African Apologist.

BA (US History, Th.B (Theology/Apologetics, Th.M (Theology/Apologetics), Ph.D (African Sudies)

U of M Dearbor, MI Henry Ford Community College University of the Virgin Islands University of Ghana University of Nigeria Government of Trinidad & Tabago