Afrikaans/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
cd to teach me Afrikaans5/3/2008PuoTaal
  Q: Greetings and thank you. I frequently travel to RSA and would like to speak at least some Afrikaans. ...
  A: I can suggest the 'Teach Yourself Afrikaans' book and CD - I have that book as well and it is quite ...
language4/4/2005PuoTaal
  Q: i was wondering if you could give me an opinion on this question? what are the advantages of ...
  A: It depends on what language one learns - in other words is it used widely and what is the status of ...
sesotho past tense5/5/2004PuoTaal
  Q: how are you? I have a quick question. I am trying to teach myself Sesotho. How do I form the past ...
  A: The two examples are not exactly the same. The word "ile" is used for the past tense while the verb ...
GENDER ASSIGNMENT ACROSS LANGUAGES3/10/2004PuoTaal
  Q: I am amazed how this works! So there is no gender in Afrikaans nouns.And what about pronouns, do you ...
  A: There is a distinction between genders in terms of pronouns in Afrikaans - hy (he), sy (she), dit ...
African nation3/10/2002PuoTaal
  Q: The name of which African nation, whose official language is English, consists of the name of its ...
  A: The only such name I can think of is the country Botswana - the prefix "bo-" indicates a plural ...
language1/29/2002PuoTaal
  Q: What unusual feature is characteristic of the Khoisan languages of Africa? Thank you
  A: The San languages are related to the languages spoken by the Khoikhoin, also called Khoi, or ...

Page:    1 

Afrikaans