Aging/40 and libido

I turned 40 in December and I really have no one to ask about this.
It seems like I have been worrying a lot about sexual desire and erections.
Although I can last longer now and have better control over my ejaculation, I think it's taking me longer to become aroused and it's easier now for me to lose an erection.
On one hand (no pun intended), I didn't start masturbating until my late 30s. I have been masturbating as much as 4-6 times per day. So perhaps, I'm becoming desensitized.
I can still perform, but I feel like I'm more sensitive now about the environment. I've lost erections due to excessive noise, banging on the wall, and delays over condoms.
I wonder, too, if something has to do with the physical shape of some of my partners. I haven't found some of them very attractive.
Am I overreacting? Am I thinking too much about it?
I try to remind myself, after all, that my grandfather had 3 children in his 50s.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello David

It is hormones in our body. As we grow older, our hormone production drops. So erections get less and less. Go see your doctor and ask for a prescription, example; viagra. Those over-the-counter hormone products are a waste of money.

Thanks for the question. Hope this helps.

David Dickeson, A.S.

At age 33, I began to worry about "turning 40." I decided to do something - anything! - before I was 'over the hill' in life and health. I figured that once you turn "age 40," life was 'over,' and you spend the next 40 years rapidly aging and "falling apart." If you were lucky, the 'blessing' of death would come before it was too late!! I am now 62, retired at age 60 and I am enjoying life more than I ever had. How wrong - mentally - I was! When I became STRONGER - physically - everything got better for me. "Growing old" is NOT a 'natural process.' It is a terrible disease you have to FIGHT each day.

Proper exercise is the answer to "aging well." I have been exercising for 31 years and I have 'first-hand' experience at to what works, and what does not. Especially for older people like myself. Good health does NOT come from sitting in a stuffed chair, 'weightlifting' by lifting soup cans and watching "Murder She Wrote..." This was advised to me by a federal agency for aging seniors! GIVE me a BREAK!! You can also find me on Allexperts under weightlifting and "how to get what you want in life."

I have an Associate of Science Degree in General Business.