Aging/age difference

my husband and I have been married for 18 yrs. I am 40 and he is going to be 62. I live in constant fear that he is going to die soon..we get along it's just that I am scared to lose him. Do you have any opinions or suggestions?

Congratulations on your 18 years of marriage. You two are lucky to have found each other.

As for age, most people today live to 70-90 years of age. But age is not the only factor. Having good health as you grow older - both of you - is the most important thing in your relationship.

I strongly suggest that you buy a Gazelle machine. I bought mine at 'Play It Again Sports,' used, for about $100.00. You stand on it, and move back-and-forth, counting 100 times when you move your right foot backwards. Do this exercise once a day, for about 10-15 minutes of your time. You will be amazed as to how this simple exercise works. I have been using mine for years.

There is other equipment I also use, but this basic exercise can be done daily.

Also, write down that he will be strong, healthy and happy for 30 more years. Writing down what you want in life makes what you want come true for you.

I first wrote down what I wanted with my life at age 13. My own 'list' is 80% done. The last 20% will be the best.

Remember, if you do not write down what you want in your life, others may decide your life for you. And you may not like what they decide.

May you and your husband have many happy years together.

David Dickeson, A.S.

At age 33, I began to worry about "turning 40." I decided to do something - anything! - before I was 'over the hill' in life and health. I figured that once you turn "age 40," life was 'over,' and you spend the next 40 years rapidly aging and "falling apart." If you were lucky, the 'blessing' of death would come before it was too late!! I am now 62, retired at age 60 and I am enjoying life more than I ever had. How wrong - mentally - I was! When I became STRONGER - physically - everything got better for me. "Growing old" is NOT a 'natural process.' It is a terrible disease you have to FIGHT each day.

Proper exercise is the answer to "aging well." I have been exercising for 31 years and I have 'first-hand' experience at to what works, and what does not. Especially for older people like myself. Good health does NOT come from sitting in a stuffed chair, 'weightlifting' by lifting soup cans and watching "Murder She Wrote..." This was advised to me by a federal agency for aging seniors! GIVE me a BREAK!! You can also find me on Allexperts under weightlifting and "how to get what you want in life."

I have an Associate of Science Degree in General Business.