Agriculture/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Flour mill machine.7/27/2015Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: The flour mill machine Takes wheat as the source raw material and the process converts giving us ...
  A: The answer is simply, no. Wheat is a grain that is produced from a living plant. Flour is the ...
why do big companies like dole make more money than the farmers12/23/2014Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: Why do dole make so much more money than the farmers who grow the crops.
  A: Sadly agriculture is no longer the backbone of the American economy. Money is and with no standard ...
use of soil under reused tire mulch8/25/2013Richard Clark
  Q: We recently bought a home with a large playground set with recycled tire mulch with a landscaping ...
  A: Carol Sorry for taking so long to answer, but I think I found you answer. No. There should not be ...
Tumble weed growing in Landscaping5/22/2013Richard Clark
  Q: We live in Rochester, MN just moved in - had a ton of Tumble Weed flying around last fall -- seeds ...
  A: Peggy I have tumble weeds that grow in my grain that I spray with 2-4-D a herbicide. It will kill ...
Growing Garlic4/23/2013Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: Argh! Here I go again, (early Spring) pulling up my overwintered mobs of garlic, separating them and ...
  A: This is only an idea, but it's what I can recommend at this time in hopes of netting you a small ...
agriculture3/28/2013Richard Clark
  Q: which species of fungi group affect the crops like wheat ,rice ? how these attack the crops and what ...
  A: Narinderjit, The problem I have had is Rust, this has affected my barley. It is wind blown and ...
agriculture3/27/2013Richard Clark
  Q: it is possible or impossible to grow crops on buildings i.e. concrete,cement etc instead of soil?if ...
  A: Narinderjt, Impossible...If the seed did sprout it would dry out because it was exposed to the air. ...
tree encircled land depression2/13/2013Richard Clark
  Q: tree encircled land depressions. i've noticed in farming fields and woodlands there are large ...
  A: Michael I'm like you, the unknown. It would only be a guess of what might cause this without having ...
neighbor killing my plants6/23/2012Richard Clark
  Q: I would like to know what recourse I have when a neighbor strips all the honey suckle and 10 year ...
  A: Sandy I know this must be dishearting with nieghbors that act this way. You could ask the county ...
bayer advanced all-in-one weed killer for lawns5/18/2012Richard Clark
  Q: Someone asked a similar question. the ingredients in the product i used are monosodium acid ...
  A: Mary Yes the tomatoes are safe to eat. One way to tell is if the 2-4-D did get on the tomato plant ...
Grass Killer3/12/2012Richard Clark
  Q: what is the best type of grass killer onthe market. It seems all the ones I use dont kill grass just ...
  A: Walt The grass killer I use is called 'Roundup', there are generic brands that are cheaper and ...
Gardening,agriculture, landscaping10/25/2011Richard Clark
  Q: As a beginner how can one start gardening, growing,maintaining a garden,farm . Thanks
  A: Kelly First you must know what is in demand in your area. Then you need to know how much land you ...
straw9/20/2011Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: What is the best way to store straw for long periods, eg months? I plan on keeping a small amount ...
  A: I keep straw in some sort of plastic container or bag, because mice just love it. I regularly have ...
save the sapling8/20/2011Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: I have a 6'apple sapling tree,that I planted a few years ago. The trunk is about 1" in diameter,also ...
  A: I'd say if this happened after the cedar mulch, it may be related. Go to your nursery where you got ...
decoloration of my collard greens7/27/2011Richard Clark
  Q: I have planted collard greens here in northeast, I have notice some of my plants with a large yellow ...
  A: James If other people are having the same problem it might be caused by an air borne disease. I ...
Fast Growing Plants to simulate a Forest7/16/2011Richard Clark
  Q: Im working on a Science Fair, and my grop wants to re-create a volcano eruption. The volcano part is ...
  A: Dean If you can get rye or wheat seeds you could get them to grow and look green. Soak the seeds in ...
bermuda7/13/2011Richard Clark
  Q: I have 240 acres of bermuda, costal, in western Oklhaoma. We are experiencing the worst drought in ...
  A: Jo I have heard of the drought you are going through. I would suggest killing the weeds. What little ...
Blueberry's6/25/2011Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: are cedar chips bought from lowes good for blueberry mulch? Also, I planted five blueberry bushes a ...
  A: Hopefully maturity of the bushes will provide more berries in time, but there is also the factor ...
Unknown wood like object.6/23/2011Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: Hope you are doing good! I had a quick question. I have something in my backyard that is hard like ...
  A: I am doing well, thank you. What you are describing sounds like some sort of fungus that basically ...
Fertilizer6/4/2011Richard Clark
  Q: Is it bad to have dead bunnies as a fertilizer? Will there be diseases that could harm human?
  A: Jerry what did the bunnies die from? If it was natural death they will break down to natural protein ...
buckwheat5/18/2011Richard Clark
  Q: i live in houston tx and want to know if it is possible to grow buckwheat in my backyard? i have st ...
  A: Mark It is my understanding that this is a crop that requires cool moist climate. It is grown in the ...
Soil Depletion5/17/2011Richard Clark
  Q: I recently read your response to the question on soil depletion. I'm interested in the topic. It ...
  A: Joe I don't know where to send you to look for the information you are seeking in your area. I know ...
Gardening4/30/2011Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: what are the problems you have in gardening? Any problems regarding collection e.g. tools?
  A: I enjoy gardening very much, but I was not gifted with a green thumb. I know people that can just ...
Transplanting question...4/25/2011Richard Clark
  Q: Mr. Clark, I've got a muscadine grape vine that's been planted about eight years. It's about four ...
  A: David Your grape should be out of its dormancy which would only hurt the plant if you were to ...
Garlic3/11/2011Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: I want to grow garlic here in high hilly area.how to start and what to do.Please tell me everything ...
  A: I have no idea how much garlic you want to grow, but it's very easy to start. Garlic matures into a ...
transplanting Pygmy Palm3/7/2011Richard Clark
  Q: I have what I believe is a Pygmy palm that I want to move to another area of my yard. The Trunk ...
  A: Anita Do you have a nursery where you live. They could probly give you more advice and help than I ...
Family Working (or Hobby?) Farm9/3/2010Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: So, my family is looking at a 75 acre property of farmland 9 miles out of Ann Arbor, MI. I guess ...
  A: I will try to answer your questions individually and hopefully this will give you some info to share ...
size of corn circle8/16/2010Richard Clark
  Q: can you tell me how large a circle of harvested corn is? this is my dads term from the early fifties ...
  A: Peter No, I can not tell you how much corn is in a circle. Because of the climate we cannot raise ...
what does it take to do what your doing?8/16/2010Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: what kind of investment is required to begin living and working in the way you describe...is it a ...
  A: Mine was not so much of an investment, but rather a divestment of the rat race and hamster wheel ...
dewpoint8/8/2010Richard Clark
  Q: I'm trying to decide by using the National Weather Service's hourly chart of dewpoint temperature ...
  A: Lana You are correct, that with the dew the chemicals would be diluted. If you spray three or four ...
vegetables7/17/2010Richard Clark
  Q: my tomatoes and peppers have these really weird markings on them and it looks like someone has been ...
  A: Hannah Not knowing where you live, I would guess at night time a worm craws down the stem and eats. ...
Watering problems7/15/2010Richard Clark
  Q: I have a small "ground" not raised garden containing: cucumber, onions, tomatoes, leaf lettuce, ...
  A: Valarie How hot is the temperature. How much water goes into the ground in 30 minutes. The garden ...
non-toxic fish friendly weed killer6/13/2010Richard Clark
  Q: I have a creek lined with rocks over grown with weeds. What do I use to kill. The weeds without ...
  A: Gregg Just thinking about the fish. Will killing off the weeds increase the temperature of the ...
does not make sense5/25/2010Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: can you help me and tell me why people cant bring fruits from other countries because they are ...
  A: I tried to answer this earlier, but had connection issues. I have two trains of thoughts pertaining ...
corral building5/24/2010Richard Clark
  Q: How do I go about finding the circumference of a circle when I know the square footage I need is ...
  A: Bernadette Without doing the work for you I will give you the formula; a stright line drawn from the ...
2,4-d and horses5/16/2010Richard Clark
  Q: My horses are in a pasture but I will be putting them out to graze soon. I am spraying some of the ...
  A: Kim I don't have any livestock to graze where I spray, so I have never read the lable on the ...
Fencing4/20/2010Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: I have a 3 acre parcel of land which needs to be fenced. My plans are to have two horses, raise a ...
  A: I admire your plans, but I will tell you 3 acres with all you have planned will need to be ...
Lawn Fertilizer4/8/2010Richard Clark
  Q: I recently treated my lawn with 'CIL Golfgreen 3-in-1 Lawn Thickening Mix', a few days later I ...
  A: Mike I have never used that kind of fertilizer, but I need to know; did you follow the directions? ...
strong herbicides3/23/2010Richard Clark
  Q: I am doing some landscaping for my aunt and she has a large portion of her property (about 1 acre) ...
  A: Bobby When you cleared the land you left weed seeds there. The trouble you now have is the seeds ...
Land Fertility3/1/2010Richard Clark
  Q: Mr. Richard, How can the fertility of land be improved in tropical, sub-tropical and other regions ...
  A: Lets start with the tropical and sub-tropical areas first. With so much rain most of the fertilizer ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Agriculture

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger

Top Expert on this page