Agriculture/Growing Garlic

Question
Argh! Here I go again, (early Spring) pulling up my overwintered mobs of garlic, separating them and replanting them. I know you're supposed to plant in Autumn but I never do it and I always hope that someday I will pull up a garlic and have a whole piece there, not just another little starter. Is it possible that these plants Ive been working with are too weak? Could I save some of these shoots and plant them in the Fall? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

Answer
Dear Sara,
This is only an idea, but it's what I can recommend at this time in hopes of netting you a small garlic harvest.  I'd suggest you set out your starts now, then harvest what you do get in the autumn, separate the bulbs and plant some of the the cloves in the autumn.  I think it will work.  
I wish you well in your endeavor.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz
www.thelandofgoshen.com  

Agriculture

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger