Agriculture/use of soil under reused tire mulch

Question
We recently bought a home with a large playground set with recycled tire mulch with a landscaping mesh between soil and mulch. Some of the mulch was 5-6" deep when removed. We had hoped to plant fruit trees and a vegetable garden in this site. Is there any harm from the leeching of chemicals from the tires into the soil.

Answer
Carol
Sorry for taking so long to answer, but I think I found you answer. No. There should not be any chemicals that would leach as deep as the tree roots will be. There will not be any trouble with your vegetables either. What small trace of chemicals that tires contain would long be gone (I was told) in two years.
You should feel safe planting your garden.
Richard  

Agriculture

Richard Clark