Air Travel/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
international seat upgrades1/9/2017Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am a seasoned domestic traveler and am used to flying coach. Recently my wife and I have started ...
  A: If you are entitled to an upgrade, your miles will do the work for you. The higher the tier, the ...
Are there air fights with airlines4/10/2016Matthew Smith
  Q: Are there air fights with airlines or charter that fly between North and South Korea?
  A: No. The only way to go from South Korea to North Korea is to go to a third country, like China. It ...
air flight3/3/2016Matthew Smith
  Q: if air flight plane has been cancelled then what I can do I mean will they refund or take me other ...
  A: Generally, an airline will try to put you on the next available flight. For example, if your airline ...
Baggage and security questions9/30/2015Roberto Gomes
  Q: I've got a couple general questions one one you may be able to shed some light on. I know most ...
  A: Lets go by parts: Delta cabin baggage regulations allows: 1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper ...
plane tickets9/14/2015Roberto Gomes
  Q: .i have to book travel with an airline from maine to Mississippi. could you please tell me, in order ...
  A: I don't answer questions regarding best fares, but the sooner you buy it more chances you have to ...
Air travel questions4/6/2015Roberto Gomes
  Q: I'm taking a trip in a few weeks and I haven't flown in a few years. I'm curious about a few things ...
  A: Please see answers below: Medications - passengers are allowed to bring medications in pill or ...
Exiting the US and Passport Control/Immigration11/26/2014Roberto Gomes
  Q: If a foreign national is leaving the US on a private jet, does he still have to clear ...
  A: There is a rule issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection which published the Advance ...
Gain/Loss of Time on Flights9/20/2014Roberto Gomes
  Q: I'm not a seasoned traveller by any means but I just wanted to know how do people know what time ...
  A: When itineraries show the expression +1 it means that you be arriving on your destination on the ...
Travel to Cuba7/14/2014Roberto Gomes
  Q: Is it possible for americans to travel to Cuba ?
  A: According to the latest info published by the Department of State, tourist travel to Cuba is ...
Searching reservations2/18/2014Roberto Gomes
  Q: Is it legal to call airlines to ask if and/or when someone has a reservation? I know someone who ...
  A: Airlines do not disclose such type of information to protect the privacy of its customers. There is ...
Buying a plane ticket for my Canadian friend1/7/2014Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am an American citizen. I want to buy a plane ticket for my Canadian friend to come see me. She ...
  A: Normally there is no problem doing that, although some websites/airlines request that the credit ...
Let's try this again10/7/2013Roberto Gomes
  Q: My question and your answer: I am an expert in another category for almost six years. I have ...
  A: Airlines regulate the dimensions of the bags allowed to be carried on board. Normally the linear ...
pregnancy travel in airline6/4/2013Matthew Smith
  Q: My wife have pregnancy at correct 7 months at 27August 2013.we want to travel at 24 Aug 2013 from ...
  A: Only your wife's obstetrician can allow her to fly. Usually an airline will not allow a woman to fly ...
travel to peru: how to know if $200 fees+taxes charged w/ airline ticket include that country's airport or national fee?5/17/2013Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am traveling to Peru on and have been told sometimes before the return flight, the government or ...
  A: From the top of my head I see some of these taxes applied to your journey... U.S. Excise Tax, ...
Why do I have to re-check baggage?5/17/2013Matthew Smith
  Q: I'm flying American Airlines from Oklahoma City to Dallas, then from Dallas to Tokyo. It is all on ...
  A: I've always had to recheck my baggage flying from Tokyo to a US hub before heading to my final US ...
I got a voucher instead of cash with American Airlines5/15/2013Roberto Gomes
  Q: I had to add a flight to my itinerary with American Airlines. Lucky for me the price of the same ...
  A: Airlines only offer cash in case of ticket refunds duly paid by cash. After arriving at the airport ...
Why did I get a voucher instead of cash?5/15/2013Matthew Smith
  A: It's been a long time since I was involved with ticketing, but here we go... Airlines offer ...
Boarding at the layover.12/30/2012Matthew Smith
  Q: Is it permissable to board at a layover airport rather than board at the departure airport?
  A: No. In every case I know about, it violates the rules of the ticket contract to board at the layover ...
Connecting US flight11/22/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: So I just booked a flight travelling from Calgary (YYC) to San Jose del Cabo (SJD) with a 1 hour 20 ...
  A: The standard MCT (Minimum Connecting Time) at the SLC airport applied to your itinerary is one hour. ...
Customs Without Tears :)11/15/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: Someone I was traveling with bought meat at an airport store in Spain. When we got to Miami, customs ...
  A: The regulations governing meat and meat products are stringent. You may not import fresh, dried or ...
Excessively Long Layover11/9/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: My father recently purchased a domestic ticket on AA with one layover in Dallas. The flight ...
  A: I don't know which channel your father used to book and buy this ticket and assuming that was ...
Is it cheaper to change a Christmas flight booking when we get closer to the holiday?9/28/2012Matthew Smith
  Q: I have a booking with Lufthansa from San Francisco to Budapest through Munich on December 19 (this ...
  A: I have to admit that I don't know how Luftansa does their pricing. Each company has their own ...
International Travel History8/29/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am currently filling out the e86 form for a position with Homeland Security and need to figure out ...
  A: Since the US does not have an "exit" Immigration and since you're a resident and on the way back the ...
is there a compassion (?) fare7/19/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am a low income disabled person whose sole source of income is social security near Santa Barbara, ...
  A: I'm very sorry but fares and ticketing are not my area of expertise. You will need to call one of ...
Airline boarding7/4/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am an Indian citizen..I am going to kosovo for a tour of30 days. I hv confirmed Turkish airline ...
  A: I don't know why you rated the answer so badly. Which part of it you did not understand? ...
Travel Agency failed to honor the reservation6/22/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: My son, 10 years old had to travel alone to Europe. I called the Cheapoair and I made the ...
  A: You should send a message to them ...(surprisingly the email address is compliment@cheapoair.com) ...
delayed luggage3/17/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: I had a miserable experience with Delta yesterday. My 1st flight was delayed, so i missed my ...
  A: I believe you must insist in having your $25 refund since the service charge paid for that was ...
Travel Jeju island S.Korea3/12/2012Matthew Smith
  Q: I am Bunty from New Delhi India.. I am planning a trip to Jeju Island S.Korea.. I has following ...
  A: Bunty, As my profile says, I am not an immigration expert. However, I did a quick check of the ...
Code Share Booking & Seats1/30/2012Roberto Gomes
  Q: I'm booking a trip from Charlotte(CLT) to Sydney(SYD) and have most of my miles with USAirways. I'm ...
  A: If I understood your question, you are looking for a seat using your miles. In this case, you will ...
Best airline ticket fares10/27/2011Matthew Smith
  Q: I am planning a trip to Chihuahua,Mexico from Fort Wayne,IN (round trip) from December 13,2011 to ...
  A: Yes, it's true that Tuesdays are typically cheaper (not Mondays because it's a heavy business travel ...
connecting flights8/31/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: I'm taking a flight soon and this is the first time I will have a stop over with change of planes. I ...
  A: Make sure that you having both boarding passes for both legs when checkin in at Cleveland. US Air ...
in transit usa- bring commercial goods to canada8/30/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am traveling to Thailand on business with the intent on bringing commercial goods back to Canada ...
  A: Since you'll be transiting the US, the goods won't be staying in the US soil and therefore there is ...
Chainmail Shirt8/16/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: I'm sure you get asked this a lot, but is chain mail a legal item of apparel for TSA standards? ...
  A: TSA will scan and check your baggage despite of the material. What really will matter to them it is ...
Air fare consolidators8/11/2011K F.
  Q: , Flying to Punta Cana, DR in Jan. 2012. Airfare right now seems high to me. Prices are from $536.00 ...
  A: May I suggest you wait a bit due to the fact that your travels are more than 6 months away. You ...
my pet7/7/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: i travel to Jamaica every year. we did travel last year we want to travel to Jamaica in DEC 2011 but ...
  A: See on the following links the regulations to import a dog into Jamaica. ...
Continental Airlines Baggage7/2/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: Our family is going on vacation to hong Kong on July 4th. But were not sure how much baggage we're ...
  A: Continental baggage police is up to two pieces of checked baggage with a maximum weight of 50 pounds ...
Refund6/29/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: United Airline has taking over $400.00 out of my Bank.When I called them and ask how were they able ...
  A: First of all you'll need to contact your bank and ask them for the proof of such debit. If they can ...
Purchasing r/t ticket originating in Rome6/29/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: Mr. Gomes...my husband and I are going on a cruise which terminates in Rome. The one way ticket ...
  A: For sure the OW tickets are much higher than the RT ones. If you find a RT fare that you mentioned ...
airport security and kids6/23/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: I am traveling in 4 days with two toddlers. I am dismayed by the child, toddler and even infant ...
  A: Safety today is a world concern and priority. Irradiation and nude images are a myth that circulates ...
unaccompanied travel6/21/2011Roberto Gomes
  Q: my daughter is a Nigerian and she has a 5yrs accompanied British visa that is still valid. she is ...
  A: You'll need to update her passport since she is 18 now. I tried to locate the Nigeria regulations ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Air Travel

Roberto Gomes

Top Expert on this page