Air Travel/Connecting US flight

Question
Hi!
So I just booked a flight travelling from Calgary (YYC) to San Jose del Cabo (SJD) with a 1 hour 20 minute layover in Salt Lake City (SLC).  I am a little worried about the length of the layover since as I understand it, we have to claim our bags, go through immigration and customs, recheck our bags, then board our connecting flight.  We flight out of Calgary on Delta and our connecting flight to Mexico is also on Delta.  Is there enough time between our flights to clear US customs and make our connection?  Thanks for your help!

Answer
Dear Meg,

The standard MCT (Minimum Connecting Time) at the SLC airport applied to your itinerary is one hour.
Also Calgary airport counts with an US border preclearance facilities which is staffed and operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers. Travelers pass through Immigration and Customs, Public Health, and Department of Agriculture inspections before boarding their aircraft.
This means that when arriving at SLC you treated as a domestic passenger.

Best Regards,

R. Gomes

Air Travel

Roberto Gomes