Air Travel/Buying a plane ticket for my Canadian friend

Question
I am an American citizen. I want to buy a plane ticket for my Canadian friend to come see me. She will be flying from Canada to the U.S.

Would there be any issues with me (an American citizen) purchasing the ticket and her (a Canadian citizen) picking up the ticket and using it?

Also, how would we go about her getting the ticket? This is all new to us both so any help will be greatly appreciated.

The flight will likely be via Delta if that makes any difference. Also, I will likely make the ticket purchase through Expedia, Travelocity, or Priceline.

Answer
Dear Lee,

Normally there is no problem doing that, although some websites/airlines request that the credit card used in the transaction had to be presented to airline staff upon check-in.
Please contact the representatives of the websites mentioned to clarify this issue.
The second question is simple...you will have a travel itinerary issued after your purchase which contains flight information, reservation record locator and an electronic ticket. Just call or send her this info by email. She will need it (along with a valid ID) at the airport.

Best Regards,

R.Gomes

Air Travel

Roberto Gomes