Air Travel/Searching reservations

Question
Is it legal to call airlines to ask if and/or when someone has a reservation? I know someone who calls airlines asking about certain celebrities' reservations so she can meet them at the airport. She also gives the info out to other fans. She usually misrepresents herself as an assistant or sometimes even as one of the people on the reservation. A few airlines won't give her anything, but many of them do. It seems like a huge violation of privacy. Could she be prosecuted for this if she were caught? If so, who would I report it to?

Answer
Dear Gina,

Airlines do not disclose such type of information to protect the privacy of its customers. There is a conduct code associated with the job you perform and on reservations and airports such practice is strictly forbidden.
But certain kind of people sell this info and for sure can be prosecuted if caught.

Best Regards,
R.Gomes

Air Travel

Roberto Gomes